• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think we will do better once we start winning some BIG EAST titles. That will open more eyes to USF. Right now, the media and fans are saying same old USF where they finish in the middle of the pack of the BIG EAST. I think Holtz will get us there it just will take more than one season for him to get his style of players. I expect USF to compete for the BIG EAST title next season.

disagree

holtz needs to bring in big class in february

Then, I suspect, you will be very disappointed.

At the moment, with the bulk of the class already known, it is highly unlikely we will match even our recruiting classes from the past few years.

It certainly doesn't look to be shaping up to be a "big" class in terms of star power.  

Hopefully, we can still land a few big names at key positions, because right now, IMO, the class is not as good as the guys who are leaving who need to be replaced.

Being an optimist is fine, but you can't be blindly optimistic under the circumstances.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

A "struggling" FSU team is pulling in a top 5- top 10 class this year. With January coming up I expect/hope/pray that we can turn it on and get after some of these guys, especially some local kids. Tampa is ripe for the picking just a matter of selling them on what we are doing here.

Yeah, I think Miami's fall is only going to make FSU's class better this year. FSU is now the flagship team in the state... atleast for a year or two. Maybe we can pick off a couple kids that were thinking about going to Miami.

• Content Count:  5,241

If we could get 2 good WRs and Maybe Chickillo, Id be estatic.

• Content Count:  684

I think we will do better once we start winning some BIG EAST titles. That will open more eyes to USF. Right now, the media and fans are saying same old USF where they finish in the middle of the pack of the BIG EAST. I think Holtz will get us there it just will take more than one season for him to get his style of players. I expect USF to compete for the BIG EAST title next season.

disagree

At the moment, with the bulk of the class already known, it is highly unlikely we will match even our recruiting classes from the past few years.

It certainly doesn't look to be shaping up to be a "big" class in terms of star power.  

Hopefully, we can still land a few big names at key positions, because right now, IMO, the class is not as good as the guys who are leaving who need to be replaced.

Being an optimist is fine, but you can't be blindly optimistic under the circumstances.

+1 Our class is at the bottom of BE classes. We have no players over 3 stars. Holtz needs to get his ass on the recruiting trail.

Guest nybullsfan

+1 Our class is at the bottom of BE classes. We have no players over 3 stars. Holtz needs to get his ass on the recruiting trail.

Maybe we can hire Wannstedt as Director of Recruiting?  ;D

• Content Count:  809

With the big 3 having struggles, is anyone else a little surprised that we don't even have one recruit rated above 3 stars?

FSU certainly isn't struggling right now...with the 3rd ranked class (on rivals) and projected to go up in the next few weeks. They're predicted to be the big winner at the Army All-American Bowl.

Also, if you're a recruit and you see a powerhouse struggling, then the MORE reason to want to go there. They'll think they have a better chance at starting early and making a big difference.

Guest nybullsfan

With the big 3 having struggles, is anyone else a little surprised that we don't even have one recruit rated above 3 stars?

FSU certainly isn't struggling right now...with the 3rd ranked class (on rivals) and projected to go up in the next few weeks. They're predicted to be the big winner at the Army All-American Bowl.

Also, if you're a recruit and you see a powerhouse struggling, then the MORE reason to want to go there. They'll think they have a better chance at starting early and making a big difference.

Ah hell, if they're that good, they can start here even sooner, and make an even bigger difference!

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

Too many people are obsessed with stars and rankings...coaching is much more important.

• Content Count:  1,985

disagree

+1 Our class is at the bottom of BE classes. We have no players over 3 stars. Holtz needs to get his *** on the recruiting trail.

holld on, hold on,  oh yeah.. "that's why I am here"

• Content Count:  1,985

Don't worry ladies, seems we are about to turn our fortunes around and head into the big time as we negotiate with the felon from Armwood, Hadley.  Seems if he can make it in academically he will sign a letter with us.  We need him, he brings our conviction rate up with a good triple, child abuse, burglary and use of a firearm in the commission of a burglary. 

I mean with Ford gone we are down on the blotter reports.

Archived