• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Door to Champs still open

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This is just a gut feeling, but I think we end up there if we win on Saturday.

I concur... if we can beat UConn and get butts in the seats to boot then I say we are Champs Bowl bound.

If we lose then its a toss up between the BBVA and the BOB.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Stop the presses....Steve Hogan, Florida Citrus (Champs Sports Bowl) CEO, is a UCF grad.

That pretty much excludes USF from the Champs bowl...unless ofcourse we can use a future series with UCF as a bargaining chip.  :)

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

In this one, Hogan says USF has an "outside" chance.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/champs-bowl-ceo-notre-dame-strong-candidate.html

Sounds like he wants a ranked team.  ND is not ranked, but WVU is.  We would need Hawaii, UCF, Arizona, WVU, NIU, and UNCONN to all lose in order for USF to get ranked.  That sounds like a way outside chance to me.

Unfortunately, that would put UCONN or Pitt in the BCS game instead of WVU.

USF may be closer to the Top 25 with a win than ND is right now.

It's better for us to win and WVU to win as well.

I don't think there's a chance for USF to get ranked without significant computer help.  With only 1 coaches poll vote and 7 harris poll votes I have a hard time believing we'd pick up enough to make up the difference.

Most of the computer polls have us in the 50s and 60s.  A win should realistically jump us to the 30s and the 40s in the computers, but that still gives 0 BCS points.  I just don't see us ranked unless we win against UConn and win a bowl game.

I still think we'd have an outside shot at the Champs bowl even without a ranking.  Judy and Woolard would have to go on a hard offensive to the Champs committee.

• Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

UCF grad would not want us at the Champs Bowl. 

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

When it comes to making money, a UCiF grad would surely put USF into the Champs bowl.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Still don't see anyway the Champs does not take ND.

Offend the Big East....how?!?.....those are the rules in the contract....I believe the rule was if there were a 3 game difference.....meaning UWV was 10-2.....that they would have to be selected over ND.

It's like that one in the hand, two in the bush phrase.....you go with the sure thing.....ND puts more buts in the seats, brings people to hotels, gets more people to watch on TV. It's reality.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Still don't see anyway the Champs does not take ND.

Offend the Big East....how?!?.....those are the rules in the contract....I believe the rule was if there were a 3 game difference.....meaning UWV was 10-2.....that they would have to be selected over ND.

It's like that one in the hand, two in the bush phrase.....you go with the sure thing.....ND puts more buts in the seats, brings people to hotels, gets more people to watch on TV. It's reality.

That's what I thought to, that ND was a LOCK for Champs. However, the Pac 10 has a ton of slots open because they only have 4 teams eligible and 2 of which are going to the BCS.

So ND could go to a solid bowl like the Sun Bowl and save the champs for the next 3 years. It would almost be better for both sides.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

However, the Pac 10 has a ton of slots open because they only have 4 teams eligible and 2 of which are going to the BCS.

So ND could go to a solid bowl like the Sun Bowl and save the champs for the next 3 years. It would almost be better for both sides.

The PAC 10 could get 2 more slots filled this weekend. It's unlikely, but Oregon State does play Oregon at home. Washington should beat Washington State to become bowl eligible.

Agree that it might be better for the Champs to wait another year on ND.

Archived