• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise St to the BE ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'd offer football only.

They'd probably take it, but I'm still not sold on the idea.  There are better options.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This would be a worthless addition... I don't see our fan base flying all the way out to Idaho and I don't see their fan base flying all the way out east...

The Big East needs a Southern team that adds a close rival for either TCU or us... neither of us have a close road rival right now.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Just got done reading Brian Bennet and one poster asked the question " Why not extend an offer to Boise St ?". 

You gotta believe that Boise is not happy in their conference since all the defections.  They just moved there to upgrade their schedule and now that went down the tubes.

BCS bowl would love it since it would take both TCU & Boise out of the annual "Which non-BCS team deserves to get in ?"

If they would come for football only it would be another major upgrade to our conference.

We would get to play Smurfs on a Blue field everyother year.

Thoughts ?

They have my vote, especially if they could get football only.  I would make a trip to Boise just to see USF play on the blue field

Guest nybullsfan

Whoever we add has to bring a major metro area with  large number of cable subscribers.

BSU doesn't.

No invite. End of story.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Whoever we add has to bring a major metro area with  large number of cable subscribers.

BSU doesn't.

No invite. End of story.

I don't buy the travel argument or USF wouldn't be in the BE now.  I do think lack of a TV market would hamper them.  As far as the conference name goes - who cares - I mean look at the Big 10,Pac-10 and the Big-12 none of those make sense anymore either. 

COME ON - YOU EAT THEIR POTATOES AND DON'T CARE !

Are they PC time or central ?

• Content Count:  4,501

Dang I just looked on the map and they really are far away - almost in Oregon.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Would never happen in a million years. 

Which many said about TCU joining the Big East.

Who?

• Content Count:  640

BSU doesn't.

No invite. End of story.

I don't buy the travel argument or USF wouldn't be in the BE now.  I do think lack of a TV market would hamper them.  As far as the conference name goes - who cares - I mean look at the Big 10,Pac-10 and the Big-12 none of those make sense anymore either. 

COME ON - YOU EAT THEIR POTATOES AND DON'T CARE !

Are they PC time or central ?

They're in Mountain time.

Gotta agree with NYbullsfan here. The Big East does not need Boise with the addition of TCU.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'd put a maybe on football-only...and unlike TCU, Boise would probably jump on that.  It would be VERY weird geographically, no doubt...but there have been stranger things in the world of college football.  But I hope it doesn't happen.

Archived