• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has offerd 2011 SF Quevyn Winters

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

a scholarship according to Dave Telep of ESPN. I've been looking at him the last two weeks but was waiting for some reliable source before I would post his name on here.

For those that follow recruiting they might be familiar with Winters' story. Anyway the story or stories on Winters can be traced back to his junior season at Milwaukee Washington where it was alleged that he punched a referee after felling to make a game tying 3pter to force overtime. After further investigation it was determined Winters didn't throw a punch but did make contact with the official, however. As a result, per WIAA rules, he is suspended from competition for 90 days and must sit out 25% of Washington's games to start the next season. That would've been the first six games. Because of this Winters went from being rated a 4-star down to a 2-star prospect according to rivals.

Another controversial episode for Winters was the commitment to Baylor during this time even though no one could prove it. However it appeared that all the sites had him committed and even his coach was saying he was committed though the Baylor folks were keeping quiet on the matter. It was never determine if Baylor ever offered and no one really knows what happened if anything. What we now know is he doesn't have a current offer from Baylor. What I believe the case was, Winters jumped the gun and committed to Baylor who was trying to put him on hold until other players they had at his position made their decisions.

Now back to the suspension. Winters didn't want to sit out that long so he decided to transfer to Oldsmar(FL) Christian where he is certainly making a huge impact on the court this season. According to Telep South Florida is the only school that he has an offer from right now,  Duquesne, Western Kentucky, LaSalle and UTEP are also recruiting him.

Some more notes is that 6-3 combo guard Dante Holmes plays on that Oldsmar team with Winters. Holmes is a name that has been mentioned on here a few time since last fall, and USF has had interest in him for a while  He is originally out of Baltimore(Md) by way of St Francis Academy.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Anyone remember the USF/Keith Brumbaugh flirtation from a few years back? I'm getting the same feeling with this kid, and I hope I'm wrong.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

Anyone remember the USF/Keith Brumbaugh flirtation from a few years back? I'm getting the same feeling with this kid, and I hope I'm wrong.

Weren't there a couple of others, foreigners I believe, that were at HCC a while back that we thought we had ....?  ... one died, maybe?

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Weren't there a couple of others, foreigners I believe, that were at HCC a while back that we thought we had ....?  ... one died, maybe?

yes I think they were from somewhere in Africa.  the one that died i believe was ejike hart sp?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

yes I think they were from somewhere in Africa.  the one that died i believe was ejike hart sp?

Must have been back during Mac's regime when the Old Indian burial grounds curse was at its' peak ...

Archived