• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, all of a sudden...

BDYZR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

ThePits, Syrupcuse, UCan't, etc. are not prime for picking when the conference shake-up begins again this year?

• Content Count:  640
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see why Syrupcuse (funny) still isn't a target for the Big 10, especially after their (sort of) break out season. Everyone still wants that #1 new York media market. The difference is that with TCU the Big East is stronger. Maybe that sways the favor for BE teams to stay in conference?

ThePits, Syrupcuse, UCan't, etc. are not prime for picking when the conference shake-up begins again this year?

Who said that? Do you have a source for your thoughts?

All of the articles I have seen said that adding TCU won't protect the league if the Big Ten comes a callin'...

However, the Big Ten is done for now. They won't add any more teams this decade because they don't need to. Adding Nebraska gives them a storied, elite program and a championship game. It really was the best they could do beyond Notre Dame.

So if the Big Ten does want 14 or 16 teams, then you can expect the Big East will be losing some teams... but the Big Ten won't be moving without the Fighting Irish.

Maybe that sways the favor for BE teams to stay in conference?

No chance in hell that ever happens when comparing the Big Ten or the SEC.  Maybe it doesn't happen with the ACC either.

But you have to be smokin' some great itsh if you think the BE has any ability to sway a team to stay.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Nope, I don't need a source to think.

Nope, I don't need a source to think.

No, I didn't say that.

Your original post questions that other people are thinking something "all of a sudden".  Thus, I wanted to know where you saw these other people making the claims which, by making your post in the form of a question, you seem to think is not possible.  I asked for a source because until your post, I had not seen any source make such a statement... therefore wasn't sure why you would be disputing it by asking the question.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The Big Ten doesn't need to expand anymore. They're never going to get Notre Dame, and no one else is "worthy". Plus, I think they realized when they were splitting into the two divisions, that adding more teams would just piss off more of the original members - they certainly take their rivalry games very seriously and there were many debates on how to split up the teams. Granted, adding new members may not make them reshuffle what's already set up (adding a BE team in the east division, and Missouri in the west division wouldn't hurt).

Still, I don't see it. I think the BE is fine. The SEC and the ACC don't look poised to move beyond twelve members, and those are the only threats to any of the BE teams.

Guest nybullsfan

IMO, the B10+2 won't go larger than 12 unless the SEC or PAC10+2 does. B10+2 won't initiate the next expansion round, but they won't be left behind either.

So if either PAC10+2 or SEC expands again, B10+2 will too.

@BDYZR: maybe he's just disputing himself? LOL

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i think the big 10 is satisfied for now considering they got their conference championship game they wanted.  if we can add more teams and get a better tv deal, then we'll be safer.  money from tv contracts is our only real safety net.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Now that the BE has TCU for football, an open spot(s) for 10 or 12 football teams and an extra team in all sports why doesnt the BE tell ND either join in BE football or GTFO?

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Now that the BE has TCU for football, an open spot(s) for 10 or 12 football teams and an extra team in all sports why doesnt the BE tell ND either join in BE football or GTFO?

I have a feeling if the BE said GTFO, they would. 

Why wouldn't they be able to find another conference willing to take the other sports and allow them to keep their precious football independence?

Archived