• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

$4 tickets for Dec. 4 U. Conn football game!

I think fans who whine about a holiday ticket special are far more embarrassing to the university than the holiday special itself.

You know what's worse than people "whining"? A condesending *******. You must have a miserable life because in **** near every post, you say something negative of at least one poster. Get over yourself. I bet that MANY more people find it embarrasiing. Your statement about other schools not selling out. While true, please show me where the other schools have sold $4 yes FOUR dollar tickets. I'm not saying that people should not buy them, heck it's truly a great deal. But $4 for a Div1A AQ conference game? You find nothing wrong with this? REALLY?

I find ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with this.  This game is not sold out and will not be sold out. So why not get more people to attend the game? If they have a good time, maybe they come back and pay full price next time.

If you really have a problem with it, then what you a're REALLY saying is that you are embarrassed that USF cannot sell out our games... that USF does not have a product on the field that attracts 65,000 people every week.

Would you rather just leave the seats empty?

OK jim READ MY FIRST POST. I understand the butt in the seat mentality. Can you produce another Div 1A AQ conference shcool that sells $4 tickets? Agian please read my first post. Just in case you don't want to. I've provided the exact quote here.  I know that seats sold are better than empty

If seats sold are better than empty, then USF should do EVERYTHING IT CAN, right?

First, the other BCS conference schools sell out their games.  In fact, I am willing to bet that there are less than 10 schools in AQ conferences that cannot sell out their games.

Second, USF does not "sell" $4 tickets. They are offering a one-day-only sale.  While I am not going to take the time to go looking for it, I am sure this is not the first ticket sale at an "AQ" school.

Finally, you never voiced a problem with the $5.30 tickets offered through 5/3rd bank? So you're really complaining about $1.30.  That really makes no sense.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't bother me at all. I personally know three people that bought these tickets that would not have been at the game otherwise.

I'm really not understanding why it would bother ANYBODY ... People ***** about weeknight games because, for one reason, it doesn't bring in the casual fan to help build the fanbase and now they're trying something to get that casual fan to the stadium for a game and it's "embarrassing" .... whatever the hell THAT means.

It's just a continuation of the tired, predictable "our fans suck ***!" whining. These people will ***** about everything.

It's just a continuation of the "cool kids" mentality on this board. Some of you make it very hard to participate in any debate. I bet that I am far from alone in this feeling.

What debate... you aren't offering any type of position why USF shouldn't do it except that your feelings and pride are hurt and you've never heard of another BCS school doing it.

Quite frankly, your position on this issue is not very tenable. You can say you don't like it, and you are entitled to that opinion.

But for a debate, you should try offering some kind of rational reason why this is a bad idea beyond "it's embarrassing and no one else does it".

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

First, the other BCS conference schools sell out their games.  In fact, I am willing to bet that there are less than 10 schools in AQ conferences that cannot sell out their games.

Considering there are at least five of these schools in the Big East alone this year, and possibly more (I can't really find figures), I think this can't be right.

Just off the top of my head, Miami, Indiana, North Carolina, Duke, Northwestern ... there are more than 10 BCS schools that don't regularly sell out home games.

According to this story written just two weeks ago, Virginia Tech is the only team in the 12-team ACC that sells out all its home games:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2010-11-10-1769743161_x.htm

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Geez.. Apparently some people did not get their favorite part of the turkey last night...

(...Or didn't get some lovin')  :wah

Considering there are at least five of these schools in the Big East alone this year, and possibly more (I can't really find figures), I think this can't be right.

Just off the top of my head, Miami, Indiana, North Carolina, Duke, Northwestern ... there are more than 10 BCS schools that don't regularly sell out home games.

Perhaps you are right... And Miami is offering $12 tickets (via Publix)...

What five Big East schools don't sell out?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

USF, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Cuse, Pitt... I'm just naming those off the top of my head... I've seen massive empty seats at all of those stadiums this season.

Well I know for sure Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinnati and Syracuse (in addition to USF) haven't sold out their home games this year, because I see the same attendance-related whining on their message boards that I do here. But I also doubt Pitt or UConn did, I just can't confirm it. West Virginia I would think does, but maybe not.

In any case, according to the story I linked to, there are more than 10 such teams in the ACC alone.

It's worth pointing out, though, that many of the schools that don't sell out their stadium still average much more in attendance than USF does. For example, Clemson has sold out only one home game so far this year, but that's because their stadium seats 81,000.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

ACC member FSU has been having trouble filling up Doak Campbell recent times.  USF probably only got to play FSU up there last year because FSU is desperate to sell more tickets and knew USF would bring a lot of its fans to Tally.

Archived