• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

$4 tickets for Dec. 4 U. Conn football game!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

$4 tix are a good idea at this point.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Excluding most of you guys on this forum but the Tampa Bay area is just horrible when it comes to attending sports venues. It's excuse after excuse I hear. Look at what we had in the Rays, one of the best teams in MLB and there were 10,000 people in the stands, the Buc's are in contention to winning the NFC South and pretty much all their games are blackout's (games are pretty expensive though), no idea about the Lightning but I would guess it isn't very good (even though they are an exciting team to watch especially with their offensive firepower). It's sad to say it but comparing ourselves with the rest of the sports teams in our Area we are right on par for attendance, I'm just really disappointed with our student section, what do you guys think we average with them? Hopefully we can create some buzz with our next 3 games this year and the ND game next year heading into our first home game.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

First, the other BCS conference schools sell out their games.  In fact, I am willing to bet that there are less than 10 schools in AQ conferences that cannot sell out their games.

Don't go to Vegas. The ACC has already been pointed out, but the following schools do not sell out every game with most of them falling FAR from sell outs for the majority of games.:

Big 12

Missouri, Iowa St, Kansas, Colorado, Baylor, OK St, Texas Tech

Big East

Every single team

Big 10

Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue

Pac 10

Everyone except for Oregon and Oregon St

SEC

Vanderbilt, Ole Miss

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

If all of those are true, and there's nobody on that list who I would really doubt, that's 41 of the 75 BCS conference schools.

Obviously some of them still average WAY more in attendance than USF, but not all of them. And almost all of them have been around way, way, WAY longer and achieved more than USF has. When you consider this, it's easy to see why USF's attendance can't compare with Florida or Ohio State, or whatever the constant attendance whiners expect.

It baffles me that people can't understand why USF's attendance is what it is.

Archived