• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marketing again

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

This isn't really the same thing, but I also noticed at one point during the game they started airing a commercial on the big screen ... while a play was still in progress! I can't remember what the play was, something where a ball carrier appeared to be down but stayed on his feet and fought for a little more yardage, and whoever operates those screens got fooled.

I know few were in the stadium for the pregame, but they started playing "Win, Win, Win" right in the middle of it. Right over the band playing on the field. Unprofessional as hell.

Our announcer and media crew are the most incompetent bunch I've ever experienced. I know high schools with better personnel.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone notice during the game they ran a commercial on the jumbotron for the launch of some campaign and said you can log on for the launch on October 6th?

Come on, you had to have made that up.

Nope, it happened. My buddy and I heard it too.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Gobulls83,

It's the start of a new week and I just wanted to make sure Athletics and you get my message 20 times per week.  Post game times prior to 12 days before the game and people will come. 

USF still doesn't determine ESPN's TV schedule, no matter how many tears you produce. But thankfully...

A 6 - 4 team going nowhere is held hostage by ESPN on game times.  After next week when we're 6 - 5 and closing out the season with another 'also-ran' maybe we'll be on public access and they can dictate the game time.

... you don't need to watch, because you already know the outcome.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Gobulls83,

It's the start of a new week and I just wanted to make sure Athletics and you get my message 20 times per week.  Post game times prior to 12 days before the game and people will come. 

A 6 - 4 team going nowhere is held hostage by ESPN on game times.  After next week when we're 6 - 5 and closing out the season with another 'also-ran' maybe we'll be on public access and they can dictate the game time.

Keep the faith, Mooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Are you sure you didn't go to UCiF??? What I mean is that you can't have attended USF and be this dumb....

What part of THE GAME TIMES ARE SCHEDULED BY ESPN.... and especially when it's an AWAY GAME IN ANOTHER CONFERENCE...

• Content Count:  1,985

Stolen Thread, we are talking about the Marketing issues and you bring in game times???? Keep on topic.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Stolen Thread, we are talking about the Marketing issues and you bring in game times???? Keep on topic.

That discussion came up because in Bausfkid's first post, it said it blamed the marketing crew for game times not being announced earlier. I was just letting it know that it has no idea what it is talking about.

• Content Count:  1,479

Back on subject as far as marketing and gameday management, we really need to stop introducing Rocky during the only part of the fight song that everyone knows the words.

Very few bleed more green and gold than I do. That said, USF has some lessons to learn. Give more notice on events like the one mentioned in this thread, game times prior to 12 days out, the ability to buy tickets to events on the road (try to purchase a ticket for any sport on the go bulls website for an away game) and that there is an entire alumni base outside of the Tampa market.

I know, I know somehow this too wll be blamed on television and specifically ESPN.

Go Bulls!

Gobulls83,

Keep the faith, Mooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You really need to get over this because it's starting to make you sound like a whiny ass crybaby - and I know you're not.

USF has been subject to this since we joined C-USA. It's not new... I know it's amazingly hard for you to have to plan a three-day trip instead of a two-day trip... but that's the way it has worked for the last EIGHT YEARS. It's not going to change for at least three more years... and probably won't ever change.

The SEC and ACC are in the same boat. The gametime for the Florida-Florida State game next Saturday was announced today - six days before the game. Florida State (the home team) had no way to control that...

So why on earth do you think USF has any say over kickoff times for conference and/or TV games?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This isn't really the same thing, but I also noticed at one point during the game they started airing a commercial on the big screen ... while a play was still in progress! I can't remember what the play was, something where a ball carrier appeared to be down but stayed on his feet and fought for a little more yardage, and whoever operates those screens got fooled.

I know few were in the stadium for the pregame, but they started playing "Win, Win, Win" right in the middle of it. Right over the band playing on the field. Unprofessional as hell.

Our announcer and media crew are the most incompetent bunch I've ever experienced. I know high schools with better personnel.

I agree

Archived