• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TCU to the Big East Official?

jdm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

TCU girls are fantastic. That girl posted looks like a hotter EA.

I was thinking that too! She does look like a shorter, hotter and younger version of EA! Both have amazing bodies.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This is great news, but a large part of me wants to see TCU come to the Big East and flop like a fish fresh out of the Gulf of Mexico. 

I want to see TCU struggle in the Big East because it would help to dispel this myth that these seemingly superior teams from absolutely bottom dwelling conferences deserve bids to BCS bowl games over teams from the Big East and ACC who play in perceptively "weak" conferences.  If TCU comes to the Big East and suddenly struggles against this allegedly "weak" conference, it validates the Big East conference and discredits this notion that the Boise State's of the college football world are just as deserving of a national championship game over a 2-loss SEC team or a 1-loss Big East team. 

Call me cynic, but I want TCU in our conference and I want them to hit a huge wall with "Big East football conference" written all over it. 

I don't want TCU to come into the conference and flop, because the whole reason TCU joining is a good thing is because it is another competitive team. But I don't want or expect TCU to join and then run roughshod through the conference like their fans probably think they will. I think TCU fans will be in for a surprise when they realize the Big East isn't what they thought it was.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i will be announcing TCUs move to the BE tomorrow on gameday

Right after you announce the USF OCS??

before

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

that girl isnt a student

fake boobs and extensions

my type of girl

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I say they would be 9 and 3.  Maybe 10 and 2.  They are a good program right now.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I say they would be 9 and 3.  Maybe 10 and 2.  They are a good program right now.

they would steamroll the current BE

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I bet not! Its one thing to beat a couple of good teams, then to compete week in and week out with some decent teams. Especially next couple years you could see a couple tough BE teams, including ourselves. Its a whole different world.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I like this line from the Fox report...

"If the Big East wants to keep their automatic qualifying status in the BCS, they can’t focus on schools like Central Florida or Villanova to solidify their conference, that just won’t cut it."

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think that's a given.

TCU hasn't beaten anybody that impressive this year, now that Utah was exposed by Notre Dame. TCU is a very good team, and I think they would be competitive and would have a very good chance to win the conference, but I don't think it's a given that they would win. They play nobody right now, so it's kind of hard to judge how they'd do against tougher competition (I do think the Big East is tougher than the Mountain West).

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

This is great news, but a large part of me wants to see TCU come to the Big East and flop like a fish fresh out of the Gulf of Mexico. 

I want to see TCU struggle in the Big East because it would help to dispel this myth that these seemingly superior teams from absolutely bottom dwelling conferences deserve bids to BCS bowl games over teams from the Big East and ACC who play in perceptively "weak" conferences.  If TCU comes to the Big East and suddenly struggles against this allegedly "weak" conference, it validates the Big East conference and discredits this notion that the Boise State's of the college football world are just as deserving of a national championship game over a 2-loss SEC team or a 1-loss Big East team. 

Call me cynic, but I want TCU in our conference and I want them to hit a huge wall with "Big East football conference" written all over it. 

I don't want TCU to come into the conference and flop, because the whole reason TCU joining is a good thing is because it is another competitive team. But I don't want or expect TCU to join and then run roughshod through the conference like their fans probably think they will. I think TCU fans will be in for a surprise when they realize the Big East isn't what they thought it was.

TCU will certainly add value and cachet to the conference and I think they will continue to have sucess-- I just want that success to be OUT of conference.  There are many Big East detractors out there who expect TCU to come in, set up shop, and own the Big East for years to come because our conference is perceived as weak.  If TCU comes in, sets shop, and owns the Big East, that will slam the gavel on the "Big Least" verdict.  I, for one, don't want to see that.  I want TCU to come in and, at the very least, struggle tooth and nail week-in and week-out and earn its conference title for once.  We shouldn't forget that TCU needs us more than the Big East needs TCU.  Our automatic bid isn't going anywhere in the next couple years, but their head coach might and with it, TCU football as we know it. 

But don't get me wrong, I want TCU to bring a strong football program to the Big East.  I just don't want TCU coming in thinking they now own our conference.   

Archived