• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS computer rankings for BE teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Someone posted the extended BCS rankings for the BE teams receiving votes in the human polls, but that didn't factor in the computer rankings because no BE team is ranked in the top 25 by the computers.

Here's where USF currently stands in the computers among other BE teams:

43 West Virginia

55 Syracuse

58 South Florida

62 Pittsburgh

66 Connecticut

75 Louisville

78 Rutgers

79 Cincinnati

The only 5-2 tie where BCS rank would come into play for USF would have to include both Syracuse and Pittsburgh.  Winning out should put/keep USF ahead of both of those teams in the computers.

If Syracuse loses to BC, USF could possibly survive a loss to Miami and still finish ahead of Cuse and Pitt(considering their future loss to USF) in the computers.  I don't think a victory over WVU would be enough to propel 7-5 Pitt over 8-4 USF.

If it hasn't already been made clear in some of the other posts, USF will control its destiny only if:

both WVU and Cinci lose to Pitt

OR

both WVU and Cuse lose to a BE team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

23289317.jpg

Guest nybullsfan

Someone posted the extended BCS rankings for the BE teams receiving votes in the human polls, but that didn't factor in the computer rankings because no BE team is ranked in the top 25 by the computers.

43 West Virginia

55 Syracuse

58 South Florida

62 Pittsburgh

66 Connecticut

75 Louisville

78 Rutgers

79 Cincinnati

The only 5-2 tie where BCS rank would come into play for USF would have to include both Syracuse and Pittsburgh.  Winning out should put/keep USF ahead of both of those teams in the computers.

If Syracuse loses to BC, USF could possibly survive a loss to Miami and still finish ahead of Cuse and Pitt(considering their future loss to USF) in the computers.  I don't think a victory over WVU would be enough to propel 7-5 Pitt over 8-4 USF.

If it hasn't already been made clear in some of the other posts, USF will control its destiny only if:

OR

Where did you get these numbers??

:link :link :link

43 West Virginia

55 Syracuse

58 South Florida

62 Pittsburgh

66 Connecticut

75 Louisville

78 Rutgers

79 Cincinnati

OR

Where did you get these numbers??

:link :link :link

I couldn't find a site that had all of the BCS computer rankings compiled together, so I used the rankings from each computer and derived them myself.  Links to all 6 of the computer rankings can be found here mid-way down on the left side of the page...

http://www.bcsguru.com/bcs_standings.htm

There used to be a site out there(www.tellshowbcs.com) that simulated BCS rank for all 120 teams, but it is no longer maintained.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

I would think the http://www.bcsguru.com/bcs_standings.htm rankings are the accurate one since they use the BCS rules applied to anyone that gets a human vote and/or shows up in at least one of the computer rankings.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east is terrible

good for usf

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

So this really could come down to the BCS rankings for the BE BCS rep.  The computer rankings could become very important to the final rankings for BE teams.  To that end, we really need our OOC opponents to win this weekend - UF, UM, WKU, FAU and SB.

I would think the http://www.bcsguru.com/bcs_standings.htm rankings are the accurate one since they use the BCS rules applied to anyone that gets a human vote and/or shows up in at least one of the computer rankings.

Yeah, guru shows the accurate BCS rank for teams receiving votes from humans, but it doesn’t show the computer portion for teams outside of the top 25 in all of the computers.  I'm not proclaiming the overall BCS rank for the BE teams here, just the rank for the BCS computer portion which isn’t shown on guru because the BE teams are not in the top 25 of any computer.  I did this merely to show where USF stands in the computers relative to other BE teams.

The problem with the guru site is that if a team is ranked at 26 in all of the computers but not receiving votes in either human poll, that team won’t show up at all on the guru’s standings.  That team would be somewhere between 26 and 50 in the overall BCS standings but it wouldn’t show up in guru’s to 50 or so.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

One of the ESPN Power ranking voters put us in the top 25. That put us at 32 in the voting totals for their 20 voters.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/powerrankings/_/show/last

Archived