• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

did we win or lose to UAB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

There will be nothing like the atmosphere at the USF-UF game for a long time and coming

I guess you forgot that USF head to the Big East next season. With the potential to play home games against UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame, etc. the atmosphere will be equal to, if not better, than that game against UF. Programs such as UConn and Syracuse have large alumni bases in this area and they follow their basketball teams much more than UF's program does.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

the actual attendance numbers were 3,100 give or take a few.  yes the free throw shooting was around 56%, and i know it couldn't match the emotion at the usf-uf game i almost jumped the railing at halftime from cheering so hard.  but since that game this was the best the crowd has been, its been a long 3 years.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

It's the in-state hatred though for UF that made that game so compelling. Both teams were also undefeated (UF was #4 in the nation at that point) and everyone in the student section had camped out at least one night for a ticket, and some as many as three nights... plus the pranks that got played at UF that week... there was some definite bad blood that game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

SFF is correct about the alumni bases.  Remember, when the women played UConn last year, they drew more fans than a usual men's game.  Wait until we get those men's teams in here.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Another good thing about today's play... we held UAB to their lowest offensive output of the season.  That is saying alot considering they play a wear you down style of offense (and defense as well).  Despite our lack of depth, we were able to stay in that game and had a 50/50 chance of winning it down the stretch.  If we shoot even 65% from FT, that game is ours.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

There were also a couple point-blank missed layups and the sloppy play that Omni has already pointed out.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I think we were down by 13 at the half. It would be nice to get off to a good start. Gotta hand it to the guys that they played hard all the way and never gave up. It's just a shame that they couldn't pull it out to avenge the one point loss to UAB last year. They did another great escape.  :-/

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

After Marlyn missed the dunk and threw a pass up into the stands, he was very tentative and passed on about 3 open shots.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

Yeah just imagine if we can play the first half of every game like we play the second half....I don't think to many teams could beat us

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743

Could a reason for the poor first half showings that we put in be down to the scouting that we do of the opposition?  

It seems that when CRM has seen the oppostion play for a half he knows how to manage them.