• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I want to see at least 50K in attendance for Pitt game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,465
  • Days Won:  43

This program is on the up swing, so I hope the bandwagoners start getting on board next weekend. I will be disappointed if we dont have 50K in stands for Pitt. This game has to be one of the bigger games in USF history as the BIG EAST title is still on the line on  11/20. Last time USF was in the BIG EAST race this late was when we played at UCONN and did that Voodoo5 back in 2005.  I hope the fans in Tampa take notice on this program.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I will be disappointed if we dont have 50K in stands for Pitt.

If I were you, I would tie my happiness to things more in my own control. If getting 50,000 people to a game were as easy as some guy saying that's what he wants, USF would be selling out every game. The crowd at the Rutgers game was small but effective, in my opinion. As long as Pitt is the most-attended home game thus far, I think it will be acceptable.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the marketing team needs to step up

I'll never understand this criticism. What do you propose they do differently?

Do you think people in Tampa don't know USF has a football team, and that team plays games at home once in a while?

Do you think a three-loss team trying to steal a BCS bid from a sorry conference is a good sell?

I think it's safe to say that most people who will be at the game next Saturday already know about it, regardless of what USF does to promote the game.

The only marketing that can actually make any sort of significant difference in sports is winning, and doing it against good teams. That's the best advertising.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly I will not make it, and I expect it to be a great game

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I think the only way that happens is if they give the tickets away.  Too many people have too many excuses why they can't be there, even the local fans on this board!

• Content Count:  5,881

Do you think people in Tampa don't know USF has a football team, and that team plays games at home once in a while?

Do you think a three-loss team trying to steal a BCS bid from a sorry conference is a good sell?

I think it's safe to say that most people who will be at the game next Saturday already know about it, regardless of what USF does to promote the game.

The only marketing that can actually make any sort of significant difference in sports is winning, and doing it against good teams. That's the best advertising.

You'll never understand it because you probably have never taken a marketing course in your life. Good marketing is only beneficial to the team.

• Content Count:  10,565

Substitute students for "marketing team" and that is the area that needs to step up. Their turnout for the Rutgers game was dismal at best.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

PR team needs to convince talk radio hosts to repeatedly contrast USFs steady improvement with all the "why haven't the gators improved?". . . . . maybe hire some students to call in all week.

They need to get Holtz booked on Duimig on Wednesday.

They need to avail the program to Fennely and/or Shelton to get some ink this week on a page one column.

You'll never understand it because you probably have never taken a marketing course in your life. Good marketing is only beneficial to the team.

I don't need to take a class to understand such a simple concept, thanks. I didn't say USF doesn't need good marketing, I asked what reason there is to believe USF's not being able to draw 50,000 is the result of poor marketing. If marketing needs to "step up," that implies something needs to be done differently, which is why I said:

What do you propose they do differently?

I guess this is the part where I make a stupid comment about you never taking a reading comprehension class, or something.

Archived