• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

are you happy with job holtz is doing

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

yes, there is always room for improvement but we are in position to have a great future

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

too early to tell IMO. Its a transition year. These wins and losses could be flukes, luck, the bounce of the ball...It seems like like he's on track to be doing big things but only time will tell.

• Content Count:  809

He has beaten Rutgers and Cincy and will very likely lead us to another bowl game this year.  I feel good about the future of USF football.  Yes, I am happy with the job Holtz is doing. 

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Noticed how Brian Bennett took a swipe at the old staff about being the reason we struggled against Rutgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/14560/south-florida-knocks-off-rutgers

The Scarlet Knights had owned South Florida in part because the Bulls had pretty much stuck to the same game plan the past few years. The new staff under Skip Holtz added a lot of wrinkles, including multiple formations on offense designed to help the running game.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I think most people counted Cuse as a win and Cinci a loss so I think that record wise we are pretty close to what was originally guessed, IMO

• Content Count:  3,096

Transition years are so tough to judge, since players may or may not fit the new Holtz scheme.  Honestly, things could be much worse.  I am please with 5 wins, going on a few more and heading to a bowl game for the 5th consecutive season, no matter where it is.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Noticed how Brian Bennett took a swipe at the old staff about being the reason we struggled against Rutgers.

He was 100% correct with what he said. The other time we beat them we had a good running game and our D forced a bunch of turnovers.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/14560/south-florida-knocks-off-rutgers

The Scarlet Knights had owned South Florida in part because the Bulls had pretty much stuck to the same game plan the past few years. The new staff under Skip Holtz added a lot of wrinkles, including multiple formations on offense designed to help the running game.

I'm pretty sure that the same sentiment has been expressed on this board. I believe the statements were along the lines of: the players loved playing us because they knew what we were going to do on offense.

• Content Count:  809

Not a swipe if it's true.  Rutgers did own us and the reason is because Leavitt carbon-copied his gameplan for Rutgers every year!  The Rutgers players probably knew our offense better than Leavitt did. 

Archived