• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gary Shelton: Moise Plancher carries South Florida Bulls past Rutgers 28-27

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

What a great night for Plancher. Career high in yards in a victory over a team that has owned USF lately.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/moise-plancher-carries-south-florida-bulls-past-rutgers-28-27/1132170

<blockquote><b>Moise Plancher carries South Florida Bulls past Rutgers 28-27</b>

<i>By Gary Shelton, Times Sports Columnist</i>

Since the Bulls were calves, he has been here.

Back when Ponce de Leon stopped by on a recruiting visit, he was here. Before the invention of swamp grass, or mosquitoes, or tourists complaining about them, he has been here. Before grouper nuggets, he has been here.

He was here when the USF campus looked different, and when the program looked different, and when the coaching staff looked different. Five offensive coordinators have been here, and four of them have left, and still he is here. He has been here so long he can even remember when the Bulls beat Rutgers, back in his redshirt season of 2005.

And yet Moise Plancher, the forever back, has never been bigger.

For all of his seasons of being a Bull — and if you are scoring at home, this is No. 6 — this is the game that Plancher will talk about when he is 70 years old and playing with his grandchildren. This was the night when he scooted and skittered through the Rutgers defense, dodging and dashing and turning a losable game into a victory. This was a night when even his fumbles could not go wrong.

Not bad for an old guy, was it?

This was Mo Plancher's night. This was the game he has stuck around for, through all of the changes and all of the injuries and all of the dark moments of wondering. Against Rutgers, Plancher, all 5-8 of him, was the biggest player on the field.

On a night when the Bulls had trouble throwing, and trouble defending, and trouble covering punts, Plancher forgave all shortcomings in a 28-27 victory over Rutgers.

Plancher ran for 135 yards, a career high, on 21 carries, a career high. He caught three passes for another 45 yards. More important, Plancher seemed to be making most of the big plays on most of USF's key drives. Time after time, he would jitterbug through the line, ducking underneath this tackle and darting past that one, putting the Mo in USF's momentum.

How do you tell when a guy's having a night? How about this: Plancher fumbled twice inside the Rutgers 10. Teammates recovered them both. On the last one, lineman Jacob Sims fell on the ball for a touchdown. Yeah, fate seemed to repaying Plancher for a lot of his pain.

"I just felt that if I kept trying, my time would come," said Plancher, a very old 23. "I still believed I could play."</blockquote>

Read the rest at the link above.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good job Plancher. Hold onto the ball

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Good effort by Mo and he carried the offense tonight.... but those fumbles will catch up with you. This could have been a very different outcome.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

he should run with 2 hands over the ball

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Mo had Rutgers number, but was very lucky with the fumble recoveries.

Archived