• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question? Why didn't Cincy blitz us???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Did anyone else notice this? I am not complaining just seemed odd to me. They finally blitzed us on our final series and stuffed us twice.

They had 2 weeks of watching Daniels throw bad balls while being blitzed...yet that was not their gameplan. I figured we would see blitz packages all season until we could figure out a way to handle it.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

I thought that was a little surprising too.  They had that one big run blitz, but other than that I don't really remember anything.  Maybe we just picked it up?

• Content Count:  993

a couple factors....they have a young secondary.  also we got up and that gave us some flexibility to be balanced in playcalling.  probably also based on the state of their defense they just dont care about that side of the ball.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

When you are leading by scoring TDs it is hard to blitz.  For example, against Cuse if we are up 14 to 6 instead of 9 to 6 the blitz is not a good strategy.  Being up and scoring TDs is a big weapon. 

• Content Count:  1,412

I thought they did, but we ran the option 2x with the ends and a quick pitch... and got outside them and burned them quick.

Then they stopped to maintain containment.

I could be wrong but it seemed once we got around their blitzes they got concerned.

• Content Count:  849

They did Blitz, our RBs did a good job of picking up the blitzes, we burned them deep when the blitz was picked up. Pass Pro was very good last night

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Blitz was picked up well and B.J. made good decision when he was about to be hit when he has those pass plays to Gidrey and Murray.

Guest nybullsfan

When you are leading by scoring TDs it is hard to blitz.  For example, against Cuse if we are up 14 to 6 instead of 9 to 6 the blitz is not a good strategy.  Being up and scoring TDs is a big weapon

This.

I'm too lazy to look it up this early on a Saturday morning, but I would bet that we win pretty consistently when we have a 1Q lead and lose pretty consistently when we don't

Archived