• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ is an above average D1 QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

BJ showed us what he could do last year.  Mostly due to a new system and a dearth of quality receivers, the offense struggles (and will likely struggle for the rest of the season).  BJ is a jazz musician stuck in a classical symphony with a bunch of broken-string violinists.  I'll offer my 5-point stimulus plan for offensive recovery in the near future.  stay tuned bulls fans.  gb!

• Content Count:  1,412

Looking at the stats on ESPN over the past years...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/interceptions/year/2008

To lead the league in INT's, that QB is usually around 1:1 ratio for INT's: TD's

Look I could take the bad with the good, but there isn't any good right now. 

BJ makes zero plays with his arm for us and only costs us.

I don't know if he is going to make it.  He has to get better at being better, and get better at not being bad!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

He completed 54% of his passes last year and had 14 TDs to 9 Ints. He wasn't as "good" as a lot of people here remember.

He was a better runner last year, I'll give you that.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Either you have very low standards or you're talking about a different BJ Daniels. 

• Content Count:  971

although it's hard to imagine right now, putting somebody else behind center would be even more ineffective . . . at least BJ is still somewhat of a running threat (when he's not preoccupied with passing) and we need all our offensive threats to be on the field right now.  i think lowered offensive standards/expectations, coupled with an elimination of costly TOs and penalties on offense, are our keys to winning for the rest of the year (hopefully at least a couple of wins).  i would be happy with 130 yards rushing and 100 yards passing, if they were coupled with no TOs and fewer offensive penalties.  stop trying to WIN the game with our offense and start trying not to LOSE it.  give the defense and special teams a chance to win.  gb!

• Content Count:  172

I would say below avg, he leads nation in int's.

BJ is close, but...

Jerry Davis with Buffalo and Steven Threet with Arizona State lead with 11 interceptions a piece.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

at this point in time

he isnt a d 1 qb at all

• Content Count:  1,633

I agree that the depleted receiving corps, and lack of a consistent running game dont help him, but that has nothing to do with his piss poor decision making.

• Content Count:  4,501

I agree that the depleted receiving corps, and lack of a consistent running game dont help him, but that has nothing to do with his **** poor decision making.

actually bouncer that may have everything to do with it.  Just speculation but if your QB has no confidence in his WRs or RBs to do anything then more then likely a QB will press and try to do more then they should.  Next thing you have are TOs and bad plays - not because the kid has no talent but just trying to do too much.

Archived