• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dell Commentary: Holtz-Daniels relationship key to season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

To many in Bulls Nation that is worse than hitting a player, an act which sent predecessor Jim Leavitt out the door.

Disagree. You can't hit your players, ever.

I am not saying I agree with the writer, but both are bad. And at least I saw with my own eyes that we actually lost; I still have my doubts about the whole CJL accusation.

At least you could tell that Leavitt cared about wins and loses.  I can't say the same thing watching Holtz on the sideline or his interviews.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

holtz has little talent on this team

qb play has been so  bad

leavitt left cupboard bare

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

“You are going to have to throw the ball at this level of college football if you want to win because people can scheme you if the only thing you can do is run the ball,†Holtz said. “They tried to pressure us and outnumber us in our run game and had their safeties played downhill, and we didn’t respond.â€

He speaks the truth. 

tell that to undefeated nebraska. their starting qb had 7 pass attempts against ksu and I guarantee you KSU knew they were going to run. he has more rushing attempts than passing attempts this year. he also has 3 int to 3 TD passing.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

let bj scramble...

How do you know that they are not letting BJ scramble?  Because he didn't?  BJ has said he doesn't like to run.

• Content Count:  1,633

“You are going to have to throw the ball at this level of college football if you want to win because people can scheme you if the only thing you can do is run the ball,†Holtz said. “They tried to pressure us and outnumber us in our run game and had their safeties played downhill, and we didn’t respond.â€

He speaks the truth. 

tell that to undefeated nebraska. their starting qb had 7 pass attempts against ksu and I guarantee you KSU knew they were going to run. he has more rushing attempts than passing attempts this year. he also has 3 int to 3 TD passing.

He's also a RS-Freshman. BJ would fit well into their system. It's a true read-option, and passing is  secondary. Martinez's arm is also really questionable. If his WR's weren't alone down the middle of the field, he woulda been picked off a shitton. If they ever get behind and they are foced to pass the ball, it'll be interesting to see what they do. It's easy to run the ball 50 times when you have the lead.

He speaks the truth. 

He's also a RS-Freshman. BJ would fit well into their system. It's a true read-option, and passing is  secondary. Martinez's arm is also really questionable. If his WR's weren't alone down the middle of the field, he woulda been picked off a shitton. If they ever get behind and they are foced to pass the ball, it'll be interesting to see what they do. It's easy to run the ball 50 times when you have the lead.

very true.

we were tied or had the lead for the first 53 minutes of the game saturday. there was no reason to pass the ball. in fact we should pass 1 out of every 10 times unless we're down by 2 or more scores in the 4th quarter.

our coaches called a pass play 7 times on first down before syracuse took the lead for good. we are not a pass first offense.

that's as many times as Martinez passed the ball the entire game against KSU.

4 of those times we were in syracuse territory. one was a pick. one we were sacked and twice were incomplete.

You do not have to throw the ball to win in major college football.

• Content Count:  4,501

Whats a Shitton ? 

How about looking at last years game films when BJ did well.  That might help show you how to use him.  just saying

He speaks the truth. 

very true.

we were tied or had the lead for the first 53 minutes of the game saturday. there was no reason to pass the ball. in fact we should pass 1 out of every 10 times unless we're down by 2 or more scores in the 4th quarter.

our coaches called a pass play 7 times on first down before syracuse took the lead for good. we are not a pass first offense.

4 of those times we were in syracuse territory. one was a pick. one we were sacked and twice were incomplete.

Our current head coach does not agree with you.  - see what he said.

He speaks the truth. 

very true.

Our current head coach does not agree with you.  - see what he said.

I know he doesn't. that was my point. I disagree with him and nebraska is a prime example.

I think running the ball gives us the best chance to win. If he thinks we have to pass to win then we are in serious trouble. I felt we gave up on the run too quick against UF and we passed way too much in a close game against cuse. I actually think that him thinking we had to pass to win is what caused us to lose.

Archived