• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DT- Elkino Watson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Perhaps, they like White better than McGill and since they are likely to get White there is no reason for McGill to vist.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Miami Booker T Washington High School DT Elkino Watson arrived at Miami with the Canes trailing Florida, USF and Louisville in his recruiting picture.

Now that he's back from the visit, Watson says things are more up in the air than ever.

"The visit changed my perspective a lot," Watson said. "I wasn't that interested in Miami before I came down because they showed so much late interest in me. But it's a whole new coaching staff and Miami; now they're even with the rest."

Watson says he will try to hammer out a final decision by the end of this week. He's said his mother will have a big influence on where he opts to go, and LaTasha Watson told CaneSport that she was impressed by her time at UM.

"The academic part is what I went to hear about," she said. "From my perspective it has a very good education. They let parents ask questions and they were answered very well. One question I asked was how is the transition coming from high school to college and how they help the kids adjust. They said they give them the time, make sure they fulfill their responsibilities and that the tutor helps them out a lot."

She said of coach Al Golden that "I really liked him. He was very straightforward. That was good for me."

Watson said a highlight of the visit for him was "eating all the lunches over the water. That was nice."

Watson says he spent a lot of time with line coach Jethro Franklin.

"I had a lot of one-on-one time with him," Watson said. "He was a very nice guy. He's put a lot of guys in the NFL."

Now comes the final push to try and land Watson. And the Florida Gators are scheduled for an in-home visit with him this afternoon.

"It's going to be a pretty tough decision," Watson said. "I want to make sure I make the right decision."

* Watson said Cane commitments Anthony Chickillo and Denzel Perryman were both trying to get him to commit to UM.

"We all went to Florida tighter also, and they were trying to get me to Miami, were like `Let's all be committed.' I said `I'll weigh my options first.'"

* Watson was hosted by Marcus Forston and Sean Spence and said, "It was real nice spending time with them."

* Of the California recruits on the visit, Watson said, "They were enjoying themselves pretty well. David Moala I think wants to come, but we'll see."

Marqise Lee earlier told CaneSport that none of the California recruits has publicly committed, and Byron Moore texted CaneSport this morning that he will be announcing a decision at some point this week. It's expected he will announce for the Canes.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

This is already posted in the thread titled Elkino Watson.

+1

(There is some hilarity here in the fact that you reposted something BillReef (??) already posted today.)

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I don't care that it is Miami. . . we need to stay on this kid hard until he looks Kevin Patrick in the eye and tells him no thanks.

I honestly think we have more to offer a DL this year than does Miami.  Wouldn't be the first time (and definitely wouldn't be the last time) we beat out Miami for a recruit.

• Content Count:  526

I don't care that it is Miami. . . we need to stay on this kid hard until he looks Kevin Patrick in the eye and tells him no thanks.

I honestly think we have more to offer a DL this year than does Miami.  Wouldn't be the first time (and definitely wouldn't be the last time) we beat out Miami for a recruit.

THIS

• Content Count:  1,757

This is already posted in the thread titled Elkino Watson.

+1

(There is some hilarity here in the fact that you reposted something BillReef (??) already posted today.)

Correct. I however did not start a new thread with the same title as a thread just a few spaces down. Truly hilarious

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I am under the impression that he has a wife and kid in Miami and that might also factor into his decision. Someone can correct me, if i am msinformed.

• Content Count:  1,867

my opinion, He stays in Miami with wife and kid... another UM pickup  >:(

Archived