• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DT- Elkino Watson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Came across this:

2011 Prospects

Score: 101January 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Perryman said he expects UM's top recruit, defensive end Anthony Chickillo, to reaffirm his commitment to UM on Sunday. Chickillo, the MVP of the Under Armour All-American game, had been wavering since Shannon was fired.

Perryman said he and Chickillo have turned their focus to trying to get Miami Booker T. Washington defensive tackle Elkino Watson to commit to UM, too. Watson is a surprise visitor this weekend.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/17194778/0/122

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

If thats the case, hopefully they both realize theyll have to come here next year and watch their team get beat.

He seems to be having a good time at UM.

Elkino Watson

JUST ATE LUNCH ON A NICE RESORTED ISLAND....WITH A NICE VIEW...

UM TREATIN ME GOOD

19 hours ago via Android

Elkino Watson

ENJOYING MY SELF ON MY UM VISIT....THAT BOY MARQUIS SHOWED ME A GOOD TIME LAST NIGHT LOL BUT NOT TO CRAZY

22 hours ago via Android

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Even if Elkino commits to Miami, we should keep recruiting him hard.

They're chasing ghosts down there in Coral Gables, they have been for a few years.  Meanwhile, we have been chasing the future, and it is in our sights.

We are the better team, we are the better d-line, we have better coaches and, most importantly, we have a better upside. . . . . . . . we just need to deliver these absolute truths to Elkino and his family.

I know he wants to get early playing time and USF gives him that opportunity. He would be working directly under the care of Kevin Patrick who was a former All-American at Miami. In the last two years he coached up JPP, Selvie and McClain and that's quite a nice hat trick.

2011 Prospects

Score: January 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Miami Booker T Washington High School DT Elkino Watson arrived at Miami with the Canes trailing Florida, USF and Louisville in his recruiting picture.

Now that he's back from the visit, Watson says things are more up in the air than ever.

"The visit changed my perspective a lot," Watson said. "I wasn't that interested in Miami before I came down because they showed so much late interest in me. But it's a whole new coaching staff and Miami; now they're even with the rest."

Watson says he will try to hammer out a final decision by the end of this week. He's said his mother will have a big influence on where he opts to go, and LaTasha Watson told CaneSport that she was impressed by her time at UM.

"The academic part is what I went to hear about," she said. "From my perspective it has a very good education. They let parents ask questions and they were answered very well. One question I asked was how is the transition coming from high school to college and how they help the kids adjust. They said they give them the time, make sure they fulfill their responsibilities and that the tutor helps them out a lot."

She said of coach Al Golden that "I really liked him. He was very straightforward. That was good for me."

Watson said a highlight of the visit for him was "eating all the lunches over the water. That was nice."

Watson says he spent a lot of time with line coach Jethro Franklin.

"I had a lot of one-on-one time with him," Watson said. "He was a very nice guy. He's put a lot of guys in the NFL."

Now comes the final push to try and land Watson. And the Florida Gators are scheduled for an in-home visit with him this afternoon.

"It's going to be a pretty tough decision," Watson said. "I want to make sure I make the right decision."

* Watson said Cane commitments Anthony Chickillo and Denzel Perryman were both trying to get him to commit to UM.

"We all went to Florida tighter also, and they were trying to get me to Miami, were like `Let's all be committed.' I said `I'll weigh my options first.'"

* Watson was hosted by Marcus Forston and Sean Spence and said, "It was real nice spending time with them."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/17194778/0/123

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Miami is hard to beat, even when you beat them on the field.

Miami is hard to beat, even when you beat them on the field.

No Doubt.

Especially for a local player like him from Miami. I'm sure most of his friends would like him to play for the other U.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/florida/football/recruiting/player-Elkino-Watson-108941

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

This kid has UF, FSU, Miami, USF, and Louisville (!!!) on his list. Amazing what Strong is doing. I realize he has FL ties, but Kentucky is not Florida!

At any rate, I hope this kid comes to Tampa. He and Chandler would be our anchors for the next few years.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Greg's new column about DT. Hopefully this si good indication from Elkino.

JANUARY 24, 2011

Bulls not pursuing Georgia defensive tackle

With just nine days until national signing day, USF coaches had considered making a late run at defensive tackle Ty McGill of Jesup, Ga., but his high school coach said the Bulls have decided to stick with the recruits they've been pursuing over the past few months.

"I don't think they're going to go after him -- they called late last night and said they were staying with the kids they've been recruiting all along," said Jody Grooms, McGill's coach at Wayne County High. "I think that says a lot about Coach Holtz, that he wants to be loyal to the guys on his board."

Grooms has dealt with Holtz before -- one of his players at Anson County (N.C.), receiver Michael Bowman, signed with Holtz when he was head coach at East Carolina. McGill will visit either Georgia Tech or N.C. State this weekend, and that leaves Miami's Elkino Watson as the top defensive tackle left in USF's sights. The Bulls would like to take one more defensive lineman in this class, with Tevin Westbrook of Coconut Creek, who visited campus this past weekend, as another priority.

Another option for USF is Marquis White, who played at Orlando Olympia with current Bulls commitment Corian Hamilton and spent this past season at North Carolina Tech, a prep school in Charlotte. White visited USF this past weekend and has North Carolina and Minnesota among his suitors, along with I-AA schools like Florida A&M and Southern. "I think (USF) is where he's going to end up going," said Tim Newman, his coach at N.C. Tech.

-- Just to clarify another recruit: USF will not be signing Angelo Hadley, the former Armwood standout who had signed with North Carolina in 2009 but was dropped after legal problems. Hadley has long been interested in joining the Bulls -- his junior college mistakenly listed him as a Bulls signee last month, and Armwood coach Sean Callahan said he was commited to USF. His former and current coaches will vouch for him, but bringing in Hadley would require approval high up the ladder at USF, and as 247sports.com's Josh Newberg has reported, Hadley is expected to sign with Troy.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/bulls-not-pursuing-georgia-defensive-tackle

Archived