• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RUMORS: Big East looking at TCU, App State

80mins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

There current stadium is around 22K, and yes, it would need major upgrades if they were looking at making a division leap. And yes, the closest cities are Charlotte and the Triad (Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point, with W-S being the closest at only about an hour and a half) and people do make that trip several weekends a year to see the Mountaineers. Over the past three seasons, they've averaged better than a sellout. Charlotte does have a team coming, but I don't necessarily see App fans, many of whom are either alums or from App families, latching on to the Niners just because they play in Charlotte, particularly when their own team is within reach.

Maybe.  But I still don't like it.  Appalachian is supposed to be a small college in a small mountain community.  THAT'S HOW IT'S ALWAYS BEEN AND I DON'T WANT IT TO CHANGE, DAMNIT!!!!

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Hear me out:

Take current 8 football teams.

Add TCU (huge media market Dallas-Ft. Worth)

Add Houston (another huge media market and potential for big growth with BCS status)

Add UCF for obvious reasons of being in Florida

And Southern Miss/East Carolina (both schools could start bringing in recruits with a BCS tag attached)

That gives you 12 teams, North/South divisions

North - WVU, Rutgers, Cincy, Pitt, Uconn, Cuse

South - Louisville, USF, UCF, TCU, Houston, So Miss/ECU

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hear me out:

Take current 8 football teams.

Add TCU (huge media market Dallas-Ft. Worth)

Add Houston (another huge media market and potential for big growth with BCS status)

Add UCF for obvious reasons of being in Florida

And Southern Miss/East Carolina (both schools could start bringing in recruits with a BCS tag attached)

That gives you 12 teams, North/South divisions

North - WVU, Rutgers, Cincy, Pitt, Uconn, Cuse

South - Louisville, USF, UCF, TCU, Houston, So Miss/ECU

This would be a better Big East product then what we have right now... I would also add Memphis to that last Southern spot because So Miss, ECU, and Memphis all have the same chances of getting invited to join us.

UCiF should be down graded to an FCS team.  >:D

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So Miss, ECU, Memphis, or SMU.

• Content Count:  624

I thought about Memphis but ever since DeAngelo Williams left, they have been pretty awful in football. Basketball has been very good but will they stay at that level without Calipari??

SMU is another option but I doubt we would bring in 2 schools from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. (I'm pretty sure SMU is outside of Dallas)

• Content Count:  4,642

TCU would be a huge upgrade for us plus i hate their guts for killing our home win streak back in 2003 or whatever year it was.

Archived