• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RUMORS: Big East looking at TCU, App State

80mins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I don't buy the Appalachian State one. ECU would be a no-brainer.

App State to the SunBelt? Possibly.

I don't buy the Appalachian State one. ECU would be a no-brainer.

App State to the SunBelt? Possibly.

That probably makes a good deal more sense, or to C-USA to fill a void if ECU goes to the Big East. I'm selfishly for either one, living in NC.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

I think it's highly unlikely Appalachian would choose to change divisions.  They've got a good thing going where they are.  The school isn't large enough and doesn't have anything close to a large metropolitan area that would buy game tickets. 

While I think it would really just be a desire to play with the big boys that would lead to a division change if they chose to, I think they could support it. App State has arguably the best football following in the state--even with UNC's recent relative success, many still view football as an appetizer to basketball season--and people already make the two hour trip from Charlotte and the Triad and even farther for App games.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

While I think it would really just be a desire to play with the big boys that would lead to a division change if they chose to, I think they could support it. App State has arguably the best football following in the state--even with UNC's recent relative success, many still view football as an appetizer to basketball season--and people already make the two hour trip from Charlotte and the Triad and even farther for App games.

Just don't see it.  Where are they going to play?  The current stadium isn't nearly big enough is it?  I know they've made some additions over the last few years, but I was there this summer and it can't be more than say 20k or so seats.  The closest city of any size is Charlotte, and I just can't see people making the two hour drive to see ASU.  And isn't UNC-Charlotte rolling out a football team soon? 

Just don't see it.  Where are they going to play?  The current stadium isn't nearly big enough is it?  I know they've made some additions over the last few years, but I was there this summer and it can't be more than say 20k or so seats.  The closest city of any size is Charlotte, and I just can't see people making the two hour drive to see ASU.  And isn't UNC-Charlotte rolling out a football team soon? 

There current stadium is around 22K, and yes, it would need major upgrades if they were looking at making a division leap. And yes, the closest cities are Charlotte and the Triad (Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point, with W-S being the closest at only about an hour and a half) and people do make that trip several weekends a year to see the Mountaineers. Over the past three seasons, they've averaged better than a sellout. Charlotte does have a team coming, but I don't necessarily see App fans, many of whom are either alums or from App families, latching on to the Niners just because they play in Charlotte, particularly when their own team is within reach.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2010/10/college_football_plus_tcu_to_t.html

According to Futgers the Big East needs to add TCU, which is a no brainer, and then add UCiF...  ???

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

app state???? what state are they  in

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

North Carolina

Archived