• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bennett: What We Leanred in the BE Week 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

HBRYAN

From the get go BJ was putting the game on his shoulders for the better or for the worse. Holtz even said that. Holtz also mentioned their corners were a lot better than he anticipated and our receivers were getting manhandled so YES BJ did make the mistakes but that is because he was having to take way more of the load on himself.

GAMES WHERE YOUR TEAM HAS LESS TALENTED PLAYERS/DEPTH YOU WIN BY TAKING RISKS. BJ understands that. and there is not one person on the team that faults him for how he played. Yes he made mistakes, but there is not ONE person on that field that had more intensity or drive than he did. so cut the crap. open your eyes and learn how to watch a football game

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bull Dozer, I treasure your participation here, I think your insights are keen.  However, I think many have deduced that Brian Bennett doesn't even watch the games before regurgitating stuff.  He often misses details.

The momentum changing interception BJ threw in the first half that led to a Gator TD had nothing to do with receivers.  I could have been out there and it wouldn't have made it better or worse.  BJ made a bad decision.  Deandrew Rubin couldn't have made a difference.   Or Carlton Mitchell.  Or A.J Love, Or Bogan.  Daniels has to grow as a QB.  And I love Daniels.  I've been waiting for him to play since he was signed.  I hope he improves quickly.  He's quick, he's got a cannon.  If only he can be coached and improve his situational awareness and all else that makes a QB great.

I should have put it this way but I'm a little rougher around the edges.  Well said Bulliever.

Posted by: Bullsfan11

HBRYAN

From the get go BJ was putting the game on his shoulders for the better or for the worse. Holtz even said that. Holtz also mentioned their corners were a lot better than he anticipated and our receivers were getting manhandled so YES BJ did make the mistakes but that is because he was having to take way more of the load on himself.

GAMES WHERE YOUR TEAM HAS LESS TALENTED PLAYERS/DEPTH YOU WIN BY TAKING RISKS. BJ understands that. and there is not one person on the team that faults him for how he played. Yes he made mistakes, but there is not ONE person on that field that had more intensity or drive than he did. so cut the crap. open your eyes and learn how to watch a football game

I guess you would disagree with Bulliever as well huh?  Sorry, I've got to agree to disagree with the underlying counter argument in this thread.  I too want BJ to do well and hope that he does since he is the most physically talented QB USF has ever had.  However, if he cannot become proficient at passing against good competition, then we should look at getting someone that can.  I don't think that is CRAP or unreasonable.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe it's a little of both.  BJ should never have thrown the pick 6 or the pick at the end of the first half.  On the other side, he might have completed more than 5 passes had the receivers not been overmatched.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Unfreaking believable!  Everyone sucked Saturday except BJ and those interceptions are someone elses fault.  I finally got it........All Praise BJ!!  I must have just been wearing my anti-BJ goggles and been reeling from heat exhaustion when I viewed those interceptions from the Swamp........my bad.  The receivers suck!!   There, I'm now on the bandwagon.

Pathetic BS  >:D

BJ made terrible decisions, no doubt... many decisions he shouldnt have made...

he played terrible...

im not ready to sit him after a game...

No ones asking you to get off your bandwagon, as a matter of face im sure EveldForStartingQB.com Is prolly still available as a domain name.  This is a n honest assessment from an outsider which certainly should carry some weight due to its unbiased nature. 

Bull Dozer, I treasure your participation here, I think your insights are keen.  However, I think many have deduced that Brian Bennett doesn't even watch the games before regurgitating stuff.  He often misses details.

The momentum changing interception BJ threw in the first half that led to a Gator TD had nothing to do with receivers.  I could have been out there and it wouldn't have made it better or worse.  BJ made a bad decision.  Deandrew Rubin couldn't have made a difference.   Or Carlton Mitchell.  Or A.J Love, Or Bogan.  Daniels has to grow as a QB.  And I love Daniels.  I've been waiting for him to play since he was signed.  I hope he improves quickly.  He's quick, he's got a cannon.  If only he can be coached and improve his situational awareness and all else that makes a QB great.

he needs to just throw the **** ball away

I should have put it this way but I'm a little rougher around the edges.  Well said Bulliever.

Posted by: Bullsfan11

HBRYAN

I guess you would disagree with Bulliever as well huh?  Sorry, I've got to agree to disagree with the underlying counter argument in this thread.  I too want BJ to do well and hope that he does since he is the most physically talented QB USF has ever had.  However, if he cannot become proficient at passing against good competition, then we should look at getting someone that can.  I don't think that is CRAP or unreasonable.

to be honest... if skip had a QB that was more of his style im sure he would replace BJ...

the reality is probably that BJ is the best of the three and running Holtz's system (right now)

on top of that... BJ gives us the best chance to win at this time

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

+1

Instead of running around and trying to force a throw, into coverage chuck it into about the 3rd row. Or take a sack. 4th and 23 is a lot better than 1st and 10 for the other team.

+1

Instead of running around and trying to force a throw, into coverage chuck it into about the 3rd row. Or take a sack. 4th and 23 is a lot better than 1st and 10 for the other team.

this is a problem that i dont see will be corrected...

he did it last year, he did it this year... he is just the type of guy who tries to make things happen when there is nothing.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I think that "making something happen" is how he is, but at the same time throwing it away, taking a sack, etc. can (hopefully) be learned.

When Matt came in as a freshman, he forced a lot, and it seemed like he would play a little smarter every year. He still made stupid errors, and who doesn't, but they seemed to come not as often.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

BJ needs to learn to throw it away.  I can see him wanting to force something if the receivers aren't open.  He's got to get over that.  A lot of times, a punt is not the worst thing that can happen.

Archived