• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

To the USF fans at the Swamp

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

People were passing out left and right

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

It was hot as hell... my wife and I nearly passed out a few times... at one point I considered pissing my pants and wearing them on my head to keep me cool, ala Man vs Wild.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

It was hot as hell... my wife and I nearly passed out a few times... at one point I considered pissing my pants and wearing them on my head to keep me cool, ala Man vs Wild.

A little more civilized version worked for us.  Someone at our tailgate handed out small towels and we kept them soaked with water and on our heads or around our necks.

A very interesting thing we learned at Florida Field.  They allow you to bring in EMPTY water bottles so that you can refill them from the numerous water fountains.  Lousy tasting water but it allowed you to stay hydrated and the towels wet.

Always good seeing you Dixie and the lovely Mrs. Dixie.  Missed you at the last stop Friday night.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

A little more civilized version worked for us.  Someone at our tailgate handed out small towels and we kept them soaked with water and on our heads or around our necks.

A very interesting thing we learned at Florida Field.  They allow you to bring in EMPTY water bottles so that you can refill them from the numerous water fountains.  Lousy tasting water but it allowed you to stay hydrated and the towels wet.

Always good seeing you Dixie and the lovely Mrs. Dixie.  Missed you at the last stop Friday night.

Likewise, we were looking forward to hanging out some more and meeting the Sheriff but we ended up getting lost in G'Ville and could not find anything... we ended up after 30 minutes or so heading back to the hotel and getting some shut eye. We started drinking around 2:00 that day so we were good and toasted which is why we got lost.

We will defiantly have to meet up again for some cold ones  ;)

• Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

We were in the front row on the forty seven yard line and it was every bit of 100 degrees,had a great time though and the fans around us were very polite

• Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

how were usf fans treated any taunting or fights seen?

We were in the front row of one of the end zones and we didn't suffer any real mistreatment. Gator fans were civil and respectable for the most part.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

how were usf fans treated any taunting or fights seen?

I was treated pretty well in a UF section. I did get into a couple of arguments with one guy who could not believe that the refs threw a couple of flags on UF, and he had his very own made up rules for why there should not be a flag. Otherwise, no issues where I was.

Who said hot...

Dear God, I repent, the one day that you prepared for me in hell was plenty to make sure that I do not sin. Hell hot boys and girls. You stand up for 2 minutes and sit back down and you burn your @$$ on the seats because they had gotten roasted while you were standing.

I will say this...maybe because I have been to Auburn and FSU now, but I wasn't as "awestruck" by the atmosphere, tailgating, or stadium that I used to be going to those other places. Again, it could just be that I am getting used to "big time" football, but, overall, I thought that UF would be a sight to behold, something that I could say, 'you know, you have to see a game in the swamp'. Ehhhhh.

Give me Ray Jay, 2007 against WVU, best atmosphere I have seen. Followed very closely by Auburn in the lights.

OH, giant OH here... Jesus, it's not just the jorts. UF fans have a thing for ugly shorts. I saw kakhi's with "F" polka-dots, orange and blue "camo" shorts, bright orange with gator heads. It's their thing. My God people, YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

The TV guys said it was one of the hottest games they ever experienced. Hopefully we dont have anymore of these 12 oclock games until its nice and cool out.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We had section 45 rocking, right up until Mrs. BBM just about passed, and then kind of stumbled on the stairs going down. As much as I hate to say it gator fans were very nice, although as has been stated, most honestly don't understand how uf ever commits penalties. As for "nooners" at Ray Jay, EASY to deal with compared to today.

Archived