• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where do you rank the UF - and former games - in USF's history?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Was thinking about this last night. Was wondering where some of you rank the upcoming UF game in the history of USF football?

Just to give you some food for thought is it more important than the first bowl game, West Virginia (30-19), very first game, first Big East game, first Division I-A game, first Auburn game, etc.?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

In state Top 10 team ... woul have to say 1 also.

• Content Count:  3

This has to be the biggest game to date but the Auburn game really stands out for me.  You combine the big-time college football atmosphere, Auburn's tradition, and the fact that most of their fans had no clue who we were or where we were from "USF is near Miami, right?", it was a great experience.  Win at FSU would be a close second. 

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

1)  UF

2)  FSU

3)  UM  series

4)  UCF series

I know USF has won some big games with teams other than those listed above, but I think the games with those 4 teams best define USF's football history and progress best.

• Content Count:  565

I'm going to have to say 3

*ducks to avoid rocks*

1) West Virginia 2007. This game was, without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, THE stepping stone for USF. The chance for us to prove that we would be a force to be reckoned with. Add with it the fact that unlike the UF game, where imho, we have nothing to lose (which makes us more dangerous, if you ask me), this was the game where we had to prove that we could handle the pressure. And they were #5 in the nation, lest we forget

2) Auburn 2007. Yeah, we had played with big boys before (Oklahoma 2003, PSU 2005), but we kinda knew we were gonna get shallacked. And we did. But this game? This was the first game in which we knew that we could stand toe-to-toe with someone of Auburn's caliber on a regular basis.

3) This game. I'm looking at this game a lot like FSU last year, to where Florida just seems beatable enough, where last year or 2 years ago, I would have taken the Gators at 17-point favorite (Not because I don't love the Bulls, but because I'm not delusional). But this year? My money is not only on us to keep it within 10-14 points, but damnit I think we could pull this off. The greatest troll in Florida athletic history.

Archived