• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tim Jernigan- Bad News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This is why I rarely post.  Jernigan, unless he told somebody, was never going to USF.

i would like for you to produce a post that even remotely mentions anyone saying that jernigan was coming to USF.

Boy that was an easy challenge. There must be 20 sites who listed USF as one of TJ's schools of interest. But you only asked for one, so here go.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/consensus-100/tim-jernigan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh sorry, I reread your challenge. You wanted some Blog poster with an intimate knowledge of the game as opposed to a Sports Journalist who receives money for reporting on College recruiting. Can't help you with that one sport. Don't read too many bloggers posts.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

Oh sorry, I reread your challenge. You wanted some Blog poster with an intimate knowledge of the game as opposed to a Sports Journalist who receives money for reporting on College recruiting. Can't help you with that one sport. Don't read too many bloggers posts.

I may be mistaken but i think you're still missing what hatter was getting at ...

I'm pretty sure that that isn't an uncommon occurrence. If you know, please advise.

I think hatter read this Dude character's post the same way I did. A smart ass comment implying that people on this board were delusional because they actually thought Jernigan was coming here ... or that there was even a decent chance of him coming here. Hatter just asked him to produce evidence that anybody on here said anything remotely resembling that.

I could be mistaken, though ...

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I think last year people thought we might have a better chance with him than we normally would because his teammates Tiger Powell and Jamaal Montague were coming to USF and would be here for a year before he was able to sign somewhere.  The thought was 2 of his friends would be Bulls and would be telling him how much they like the staff, the school, etc....and maybe he would want to play with those guys.

Well Tiger didn't make grades and is not coming at all.  And Montague didn't get in either, but will be enrolling in January.  So he will only be here a month before signing day.  So, it looks like any inside shot we thought we might have is no longer in play.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think last year people thought we might have a better chance with him than we normally would because his teammates Tiger Powell and Jamaal Montague were coming to USF and would be here for a year before he was able to sign somewhere.  The thought was 2 of his friends would be Bulls and would be telling him how much they like the staff, the school, etc....and maybe he would want to play with those guys.

Well Tiger didn't make grades and is not coming at all.  And Montague didn't get in either, but will be enrolling in January.  So he will only be here a month before signing day.  So, it looks like any inside shot we thought we might have is no longer in play.

It wasn't just those two players. Former USF RB, Quinton Callum. is coaching there, and I'm sure he is a big reason why Jernigan was also considering USF.

Well if the comment wasn't directed at me, I guess I had no reason to take umbrage, but i've gotten roughed up a little lately, so maybe I assumed it was directed at my original post. And while I was thinking about this, I wanted to share a few thoughts related to this. I can't see for the life of me why an elite prospect wouldn't consider USF at this time.

1) We have had an explosive few years lately which produced ranking success and  stunning upsets.

2) We have a school situated in one of the most desirable areas of the country. Great climate, interesting culture and a city experiencing dynamic growth.

3) We have just taken on a coach who has a vision and an upbringing in the hierarchy of American college football. From everything I know he is also an inspirational "tour de force" and brings to USF a winning conference track record.

4) Because we are a young program we have extraordinary opportunities for student-athletes. We have successfully provided athletes with an avenue into professional sports careers which might have gone unnoticed at other institutions who have a deeper roster of recruits. Sometimes it is better to be a "big fish" in a smaller pond than be the same sized fish in a much bigger pond. Certainly young talent has thrived at USF.

5) We have positions which need  "star" talent right now. WR, LB and other key positions are ready and waiting at USF. But make no mistake, many positions which look filled today will need "star" talent soon because of unforeseen circumstances.

6) Players for USF get extensive media coverage. Through our ups and downs over the last several years we have received as much media coverage as anyone. Not only through televised broadcasts but also in national media we have received as much, if not more, attention than any emerging program.

All this boils down to is an extremely valuable opportunity for those players who want to be part of the "breakout year for USF. Their names will become part of this legend brewing in Tampa. Imagine if you were one of the players , who believed in the dream, and became part of USF's 1st National Championship.  Imagine how many pictures of players hoisting that trophy there would be. Now if I am an "Elite" prospect looking for an opportunity to shine, would I rather it be my picture holding that trophy or would I rather be the 3rd string position player at some hallowed institution?

Well if the comment wasn't directed at me, I guess I had no reason to take umbrage, but i've gotten roughed up a little lately, so maybe I assumed it was directed at my original post.

Bill, not to be a smart ass or anything, but when they actually Quote a post in their response, that's usually who they're responding to.  ;)

This is why I rarely post.  Jernigan, unless he told somebody, was never going to USF.

i would like for you to produce a post that even remotely mentions anyone saying that jernigan was coming to USF.

And that's a great reason why one should always Quote a post you're specifically responding to ... to avoid misunderstandings

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

All this boils down to is an extremely valuable opportunity for those players who want to be part of the "breakout year for USF. Their names will become part of this legend brewing in Tampa. Imagine if you were one of the players , who believed in the dream, and became part of USF's 1st National Championship.  Imagine how many pictures of players hoisting that trophy there would be. Now if I am an "Elite" prospect looking for an opportunity to shine, would I rather it be my picture holding that trophy or would I rather be the 3rd string position player at some hallowed institution?

You're delusional.

Archived