• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cardinal Stadium now Ready

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

[Looks like McMurphy liked the stadium.

Got a chance Saturday to see Louisville's Papa John's Stadium, which underwent a 13,000-seat expansion on the east side that includes 33 suites/skyboxes and a club level. They also added a south party deck terrace that holds 2,500. Athletic director Tom Jurich said that deck is modeled after Tampa's Raymond James Stadium -- minus the pirate ship. For each game, Louisville holds a "happy hour and a half" with adult beverages at happy hour prices 90 minutes before kickoff. As far as on-campus stadiums go, this is definitely tops in the Big East and one of the finest in the nation

Brett McMurphy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

Looking sharp... also they have NFL like seats which is something that we could do in our OCS when ever the hell we choose to build it.

I take it you've never been to the Pizza Box,  only some sections have "NFL like seats"...the other seats (majority) are better than bleachers, but not as good as what is found at the RJ.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Looking sharp... also they have NFL like seats which is something that we could do in our OCS when ever the hell we choose to build it.

I take it you've never been to the Pizza Box,  only some sections have "NFL like seats"...the other seats (majority) are better than bleachers, but not as good as what is found at the RJ.

Nope never been... I plan on going in 2012

Still we could add Green RJ like seats to our stadium and make it the jewel of the Big East... not many college stadiums have NFL style seats. Would put the rest to shame.

I would guess that if we ever got an OCS it would start out as either a 35K or 45K max seating capacity stadium until we can pay off the loans and pony up for an expansion. Skimp on some luxury boxes and just add NFL seats instead.

• Content Count:  471

Sunburned actually I would say I guess you have never been to Papa Johns.  All of the seats in the stadium are chair backs.

Guest Sunburned

Sunburned actually I would say I guess you have never been to Papa Johns.  All of the seats in the stadium are chair backs.

I've been to many (St.X and Cards)....Yes, they are all "chair backs" (read my post again...**), however they are not all the NFL type chairs like those found in the RJ.  Are the the seats in 130/131 the same type as those in 102/101??

** ""I take it you've never been to the Pizza Box,  only some sections have "NFL like seats"...the other seats (majority) are better than bleachers, but not as good as what is found at the RJ."

Guest Sunburned

I've been to many (St.X and Cards)....Yes, they are all "chair backs" (read my post again...**), however they are not all the NFL type chairs like those found in the RJ.  Ever been there?  Are the the seats in 130/131 the same type as those in 102/101 at ??

** ""I take it you've never been to the Pizza Box,  only some sections have "NFL like seats"...the other seats (majority) are better than bleachers, bthe Pizza Boxut not as good as what is found at the RJ."

• Content Count:  2,558

I'm here right now, this town is pretty kewl. I like how all the sports facilities are right next to each other. Walking around with a USF shirt and no comments. Heading back to Tampa in 90 minutes.

May have to lock in the return trip for November...

And if things go right I may have to sew half a Cards dress and half a Bulls dress together for the wife

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I've been to many (St.X and Cards)....Yes, they are all "chair backs" (read my post again...**), however they are not all the NFL type chairs like those found in the RJ.  Are the the seats in 130/131 the same type as those in 102/101??

** ""I take it you've never been to the Pizza Box,  only some sections have "NFL like seats"...the other seats (majority) are better than bleachers, but not as good as what is found at the RJ."

Speaking of St.X, the Trinity / St. X game is set for October 1st this year. If ESPN covers it, like they have in the past, we may get a look at the new PJCS.

As far as the seats, not all of the seats in RayJay are the same either. Regardless of whether the seats in PJCS are as good as those in RJS, both beat bench seating.

Archived