• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Advertisement on this site

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Singlehandedly driven down my bullspen visits

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I can't think of another free site that does not have ads, often more intrusive that a not so bad looking lady talking football.  But still, the request has been made to have it removed.

I guess if we were covering all costs, we wouldn't be discussing it.  Years ago, when hosting only cost about $20/month it was no bid deal.  At $200/month, it becomes a bigger deal. 

Again, I have allowed the ads but only under certain conditions and those are specifically pop-ups and audio disallowed.  The company I offer the space to does try to get most bang for buck and occasionally unauthorized ads pop in.

With it being a free site for all those that do not donate to help out, I ask for your patience through this issue.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Firefox or Google Chrome with AdBlock Plus!!!

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Brad, you do a great service to us all.  Perhaps it is time once again to seek donations from regular users.

Guest nybullsfan

You don't need Adblock. Under Firefox, just the Flashblock addon is enough. I have never seen this ad, but I have seen the Flash "container" for it several times

You don't need Adblock. Under Firefox, just the Flashblock addon is enough. I have never seen this ad, but I have seen the Flash "container" for it several times

With AdBlock, you don't even see the container... and you don't see other ads on other sites.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Brad, I don't care if she pops up (like you said, she's attractive and all), but the sound is my only problem.  Thanks.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Brad, I don't care if she pops up (like you said, she's attractive and all), but the sound is my only problem.  Thanks.

Are you saying that you're OK if she wants to stand there and look pretty, as long as you don't have to listen to her talk?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Orlando, since my wife does not view this site I am going to say yes to your question.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

With AdBlock, you don't even see the container... and you don't see other ads on other sites.

Just installed it.  Page load times seemed to have slowed down considerably.  Will see how it goes.  But I may just have to wait for Brad to get this one ad removed.

Archived