• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many WRs do we take in this class?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Apis are you implying that I am only looking for height? They are a wide reciever I expect our coaches to only be targetting one that can "get open and catch" since that is their only job as a reciever. When we have Lamar and Hopkins who need a box to stand on to get over 6 feet. When a reciever is shorter or same height as a corner then you give up potential advantages and less space to get the ball into for a reciever to catch the ball.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Apis are you implying that I am only looking for height?

No, not at all.  We've had tall receivers in the past that couldn't catch very well (at least consistently).  Obviously, all things being equal, the taller guys would be better.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We have a couple of guys high on us from Georgia. Jeff Greene who is 6'6, and Niles Daniels.

You can cross off Daniel:

From cdowlar on Twitter

RT @kippadams: Griffin (GA) athlete Nile Daniel committed to Kentucky today. They got a steal in Riyahd Jones and now in Daniel. He is q ...

about 2 hours ago via Twitter for Android

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

We have a couple of guys high on us from Georgia. Jeff Greene who is 6'6, and Niles Daniels.

You can cross off Daniel:

From cdowlar on Twitter

RT @kippadams: Griffin (GA) athlete Nile Daniel committed to Kentucky today. They got a steal in Riyahd Jones and now in Daniel. He is q ...

about 2 hours ago via Twitter for Android

I prefer Rashawn Scott. He look like he could become a star. We're in his top three with Michigan State, West Virginia.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C_gnvqxvYw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C_gnvqxvYw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C_gnvqxvYw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I would like to see us get Andre Davis, Rashawn Scott, Charlse Lovett, and Vad lee. I dont know I feel about Greene.

Well, you no longer have to consider Greene because he gave a verbal to Ga Tech after visiiting them today.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4507149

• Content Count:  1,079

I don't understand why a wr would want to go to Ga Tech. Seems like they only throw the ball 12-15 times a game. I don't watch much tech football so maybe my observation is wrong but i just see option  al day long

I don't understand why a wr would want to go to Ga Tech. Seems like they only throw the ball 12-15 times a game. I don't watch much tech football so maybe my observation is wrong but i just see option  al day long

That would seem to be the correct observation, but this guy is a Georgia player and and GT is a big name in his home state and has a good football program. I presume they convinced him that HE would be the guy who would get the most passes thrown his way.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Our scholarship receivers at the start of this season will (best case) be Bogan, Landi, Hopkins, Alcin, Lamar, P. Richardson, Hornes, Marc, Sherman, D. Welch and Montague.  That is:

1 guy who is a true freshman actually on campus in Welch

1 guy still not admitted to USF and ikely to go juco in Montague

1 guy who has shown anything at the position in Bogan

1 guy who has measurables but is inconsistent in Richardson

2 guys who may only be big enough to return kicks in Hopkins and Hornes

2 guys who may not even be here in Alcin and Sherman

3 guys hoping to find a position in Landi, Lamar and Marc

Then in October we may be able to add:

2 guys coming back from injury in Griffin and Love

So we need 5 WRs this year but if Montague makes it in then maybe only 4.

• Content Count:  1,797

Knowles, 6' 8" Juco

Add Mut, Boyd and Mutcherson for 2011.

Normal

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Knowles, 6' 8" Juco

Add Mut, Boyd and Mutcherson for 2011.

Normal

Normal you're killing me on two boards for forgetting Knowles?  Good thing I didn't post it on scout.  ;)

Archived