• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many WRs do we take in this class?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Knowles, 6' 8" Juco

Add Mut, Boyd and Mutcherson for 2011.

Normal

Is Mutcherson definite? I thought that something came up with him being here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Mutcherson needed a language class.  I heard that he plans to take it at HCC this fall and then enroll in January.

Normal

Mutcherson needed a language class.  I heard that he plans to take it at HCC this fall and then enroll in January.

Normal

Thanks. He'll be a walk-on correct? If so, these are two other walk-on WR's shown on the USF roster:

84    Augustin, Bermanley  WR  5-11  175  So.  Delray Beach, FL (Atlantic)

14    Stowell, Tyler  WR  6-4  189  So.  St. Petersburg, FL, (Northside Christian)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2010&PRINTABLE_PAGE= 

Alcin is gone. One more scholarship becomes available.

JULY 31, 2010

Receiver Alcin transferring to Fort Hays State

USF senior receiver Ed Alcin, who has struggled to get on the field in four years with the Bulls, will play his final season of college football at Division II Fort Hays State in Kansas.

Alcin, who is graduating from USF this summer, will be reunited with his receivers coach from Chamberlain High, Al McCray, who is now the receivers coach at Fort Hays and confirmed the transfer on Saturday. McCray has had good luck with his former players -- former Middleton star O.J. Murdock, who started his college career at South Carolina, is also at Fort Hays and led the team with eight touchdown receptions last season.

Alcin should have a much easier time getting on the field at Fort Hays -- he totaled four catches for 48 yards with the Bulls, including one catch for 5 yards last season. Even with depth issues at receiver -- Carlton Mitchell skipped his senior year to enter the NFL draft, and A.J. Love (knee) and Sterling Griffin (ankle) are recovering from serious offseason injuries -- he wasn't likely to see significant playing time for the Bulls.

Alcin is the second Bulls player to leave the program this year to transfer to a smaller school, joining safety Charlton Sinclair, who will play this fall at Division I-AA's Mississippi Valley State. Because Alcin is graduating, his departure will not have any negative impact on USF's Academic Progress Rate scores.

USF coach Skip Holtz is expected to discuss all the offseason comings and goings when he meets with reporters on Wednesday, the same day players report for the start of preseason camp.

Posted by Greg Auman at 8:55:52 pm on July 31, 2010 in Football

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/receiver-alcin-transferring-fort-hays-state#comments

Curt Evans has narrowed his list to 5 schools according to Rivals. Hope he decides on staying in Florida.  ;)

Duke High Offered None 

Nebraska High Offered None Tim Beck

South Florida High Offered None Larry Scott

Vanderbilt High Offered None Des Kitchings

West Virginia High Offered None

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Curt-Evans-107542

• Content Count:  1,079

Curt Evans has narrowed his list to 5 schools according to Rivals. Hope he decides on staying in Florida.  ;)

Duke High Offered None 

Nebraska High Offered None Tim Beck

South Florida High Offered None Larry Scott

Vanderbilt High Offered None Des Kitchings

West Virginia High Offered None

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Curt-Evans-107542

He has some pretty big school low on his list that offered him. Hopefully he realizes how far those schools are from home and he stays in the great Sunshine State.

• Content Count:  4,016

i don't know why everyone puts stock in Montague being here...he's not.  He will not make it in this fall, ditto for Mutcherson.  Knowles as a WR is not a sure thing, some of the word out of camp is a flex TE type...kinda like Ced Hill was for us.

Love is not returning this fall.  Not happening.  The staff has no idea on Griffin either, he doesn't get his cast off until the season starts and no one can make a full assessment by then.

We need 5 WR's, to include Mut.  At this point Marc, Lamar, and Welsh are unknowns at WR.  Welch played mostly corner, RB, and QB in HS, he's expected to move to WR, but it will take a while.  Given those facts the more quality WR's you can land the better.

Greg Auman said in his chat that Montague was qualified by the NCAA, but that the USF academic committee still had to rule on him. Did he not get by them?

Here is a portion of the GA Chat on 7/30:

12:07  [Comment From Harborbull

Have all of this years recruits reported to campus? 

Friday July 30, 2010 12:07 Harborbull

12:09  Not quite. Still a few late arrivals -- the junior college running back Mike Hayes will report next week for the start of camp as one of the few signees that wasn't here for the Summer B semester. Receiver Jamaal Montague is another, and while he has posted qualifying scores, I haven't heard anything to know for sure that's he's been admitted into USF and is cleared to join the team. Unless I've missed someone, those are the only two I'm aware of not with the team. Now just because you're in summer classes doesn't mean you've been fully accepted and cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. So far, so good for this class, with RB Tiger Powell as the only academic casualty.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/replay-live-chat-greg-auman#comments

• Content Count:  4,016

supposedly he's missing a class that makes it highly doubtful the academic committee will allow him not to have.  He hasn't even made it down here yet, and my understanding is no one is expecting him this fall.  I don't know if he's going to try and get the class settled, go JUCO, or attempt to go elsewhere.  But don't count on him.

We really need to get the WRing core up quickly.  My hope is next season the staff can rely on the return of Love, and Griffin, with some of the youngster who get their feet wet this year ready to make a real impact in 2011.  But many are guys moving to WR who are not sure bets there....the plan is to get 5-6 in this class, some who can hopefully make an immediate impact like Davis, and maybe Evans.

Archived