• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest Commitment: Matt Floyd is a Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,314
  • Days Won:  10

Won't happen, Holtz said this week when I saw him that B.J is one of the best QB's he has seen since Notre Dame. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

You won't BJ at any other position then QB. Right now he's prototype college QB, and not the NFL. Made for todays game. This will be a heavy run, screen, and play action SPREAD offense. That's what Coach Holtz did at ECU.

• Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

I hope that someone DOES grab the starting spot from BJ!!! That means that their even BETTER!!!! lol

Seriouly though. It wouldn't hurt my feeling at all to see BJ in a Percy Harvin type roll his Junior and Senior years. Isn't going to happen but, man that would be sweet to see BJ catch a screen in space. Maybe in an el toro loco package with Gunsby???

No...

• Content Count:  720

Ok so none of you guys want a better QB than BJ. You all missed my point. I think BJ is great and he is going to be a great QB for us. But I don't want him to be the greatest we ever have. No one will unseat BJ but, if someone does that would be great because that means Holtz has now seen an even better QB than BJ.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

We understand what you are trying to say, but BJ is our guy. Of course we all want to see an improved and better overall quarterback, just after BJ is done tearing it up at USF.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I got you Imusf. It's just that you have people who feel that BJ should play like Dan Marino. My question is, did he show a lot of potential as a reshirt freshman? Yes, just like Matt Grothe. But if he don't show improvement by his junior year. I will be making noise to sit him down like I did with Matt.

We understand what you are trying to say, but BJ is our guy. Of course we all want to see an improved and better overall quarterback, just after BJ is done tearing it up at USF.

Believe me, if you see someone come in and beat BJ out of the QB position you'll still get to see BJ tearing it up. Just as a WR or RB. BJ is WAY too good to not be on the feild somewhere. Never the less we'll have to settle for BJ tearing it up at QB because there isn't anyone on this roster or the next (so far) that's going to be able to unseat him.

I got you Imusf. It's just that you have people who feel that BJ should play like Dan Marino. My question is, did he show a lot of potential as a reshirt freshman? Yes, just like Matt Grothe. But if he don't show improvement by his junior year. I will be making noise to sit him down like I did with Matt.

I'm not questioning BJ's potential. I think he's going to be GREAT! I'm saying that I don't want anyone's job "safe" on the team. If someone is better then they should play. Nobody on this roster or the next one (yet) is going to be able to unseat BJ so it's really just a pipe dream anyway. I just really hope BJ gets some balls thrown his way in an el toro loco package but, not this season because of depth but, in his Jr and Sr years. They say Fitch has two different "wild cat" packages that he likes to use so we will see some.

Archived