• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest Commitment: Matt Floyd is a Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Don't know who it is.

That's what Corey Dowlar from USF Bulls Eye just said on Twitter. He's at the USF Sling & Shoot camp today.

cdowlar

RT @USFBullsEYE: #USF lands a commitment - http://su.pr/2p2fDY

3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Floyd is an athletic dual-threat quarterback with the look of a pocket passer on a lean, late bloomers frame. He can really move around and has the feet and escapability to make plays on the move when things break down.

6-1

185lbs

Pensacola,Fl

Milton HS

Thanks. I've followed him and like him a lot. I wonder if Holtz will still take another QB in this class, considering how few are on the roster.

Although he's currently a two star player on Scout, theirsister site Sun state Football ranks him #92 best player in Florida.

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=4796970

Holtz can be picky with the next QB he may look for with some insurance now. No need to reach at this point. With 3 QBs in the fold that could be it though.

THe little that I know about this guy I do like what I've read or short clip I've watched of him.

Rivals now has QB Matt Floyd as a USF verbal.

MATTFLOYD6_29150.JPG

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Matt-Floyd-113301

Welcome, Matt to USF.

• Content Count:  1,055

Seems like none of the guys that we are getting commitments from have been evaluated.  Is this normal for this time of year.  looking at the Gator commits only 2 have not been rated and they have many more then we have

Seems like none of the guys that we are getting commitments from have been evaluated.  Is this normal for this time of year.  looking at the Gator commits only 2 have not been rated and they have many more then we have

What's more surprising is that UF would have even two verbals from players who are not rated. After all, they get mostly national blue chip recruits who are very well known.

On the other hand, USF gets early verbals from players who are still developing and are much less known.

In Matt's case he is a player to be considered on the rise, since he has been doing well in summer camps.

Matt Floyd | QB 

Scouts Grade76

Hometown  Pensacola, FL 

High School Milton High School 

Position rank QB # 60

Height 6'1"

Weight 185 lbs.

Last Updated: 6/2/2010 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Evaluation / Notes On the Trail / Features

Status

Undeclared

Evaluation

Floyd is an athletic dual-threat quarterback with the look of a pocket passer on a lean, late bloomers frame. He can really move around and has the feet and escapability to make plays on the move when things break down. He has adequate size and flashes nice arm strength...

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=107572&season=2011&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d107572%26season%3d2011

From Google News:

Florida Report: BadgerSport Elite 7on7‎

Deacon Sports (subscription) - Geoff Vogt - Jul 4, 2010

Quarterback Matt Floyd guided the team to a 3-1 record and showed why he is a name on the rise. He has added strength to a frame that is still growing...

He was named 2nd team QB at that event.

Scout.com: All-Tournament Team

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/982148.html

I think Holtz recruiting is gaining momentum as it goes along.

Also I don't see how anybody can compare Florida's recruiting to USF's. The Gators recruit on a high national level because they are a top 10 elite program and USF is outside of the top 25.

I think Holtz recruiting is gaining momentum as it goes along.

Also I don't see how anybody can compare Florida's recruiting to USF's. The Gators recruit on a high national level because they are a top 10 elite program and USF is outside of the top 25.

Plus, just about any player who goes to UF will get a high rating from the recruiting services, just on their name alone, even if they aren't that well known. Their thinking goes, if UF took his verbal he MUST be a very good player.

Archived