• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Basketball CSH be leaving for Michigan State Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Big point of order - Fernandez didn't have a contract for next season before he signed a couple weeks ago.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

no

he isnt high profile or accomplished enough

There are some in MSU alumni that will support a move to bring Heath back home and I know for fact that the fan base follows him. I'm not saying he would be the top choice but he would be among a small group that would be considered to replace Izzo.

That's Heath's home and unlike some of the assistants that worked under Izzo, Stan is Michigan born and raise. Many, many family and friends are still there.

To say he's not high profile enough or hasn't accomplished enough is simply not accurate.

USF could show a little love and go ahead and sign Heath to a new contract. To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke. Fernandez has won the WNIT...so what. That has less prestige to it then a middle HS state title. Give me a break.

It's all relative ... Jose has done tons more here in HIS sport than Stan has in his ... Take off those sexist glasses.

LOL Triple B...come on you know there is no University that uses that formula. If that's the case then the Syracuse Lacrosse HC should get paid more money then the Cuse's Men's HC because Coach Desko has won 5 National Championships in 11 years compared to Boeheim winning 1 in 34 years.

Um, Vega .... We're not talking salaries here:

To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke.

;)

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

USF could show a little love and go ahead and sign Heath to a new contract. To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke. Fernandez has won the WNIT...so what. That has less prestige to it then a middle HS state title. Give me a break.

They gave Fernandez an extension because he was in the last year of his contract, therefore they kind of had to....

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I think he had too many issues when he got fired from arkansas that would play a factor for him to get the mich state job. 

Could you please tell me those issues.

They gave Fernandez an extension because he was in the last year of his contract, therefore they kind of had to....

All well then I guess they did...I guess

no

he isnt high profile or accomplished enough

There are some in MSU alumni that will support a move to bring Heath back home and I know for fact that the fan base follows him. I'm not saying he would be the top choice but he would be among a small group that would be considered to replace Izzo.

That's Heath's home and unlike some of the assistants that worked under Izzo, Stan is Michigan born and raise. Many, many family and friends are still there.

To say he's not high profile enough or hasn't accomplished enough is simply not accurate.

It's all relative ... Jose has done tons more here in HIS sport than Stan has in his ... Take off those sexist glasses.

LOL Triple B...come on you know there is no University that uses that formula. If that's the case then the Syracuse Lacrosse HC should get paid more money then the Cuse's Men's HC because Coach Desko has won 5 National Championships in 11 years compared to Boeheim winning 1 in 34 years.

Um, Vega .... We're not talking salaries here:

To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke.

;)

Hey Triple B I'm about to send you a little info so check your personal message box.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

If you are speaking solely of familiarity, if you ask the fans of 300 of the 300+ basketball schools what team Stan Heath coaches, you probably won't find many that can tell you USF.  Not saying I don't like him, just that he wouldn't be known by the average Joe around the country.  I for one hopes he stays here.  We need some continuity with our coach.  Stop the coaching carousel.

Archived