• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Basketball CSH be leaving for Michigan State Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks  for your thoughts  Vega  because that "I doubt it"  also had me take thebullspen out my favorites and change my homepage. 

Wow, you asked a question and he answered with his opinion. He didn't insult you, geez

Medic and I didn't insult  him  either just made a statement that  I was disappointed with the response.  I guess I was hoping for a little thought with some of the responses.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,055

Of the other four assistants who are now leading division one basketball programs Tom Crean (Indiana), Brian Gregory (Dayton), Doug Wojcik (Tulsa) and Jim Boylen (Utah) would CSH not be in a better position or better candidate to get the job then those guys.    Also  just saw that  S.Cater  has a blog on this same issue.  Wonder if he read my question here.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no

he isnt high profile or accomplished enough

• Content Count:  5,982

no

There are some in MSU alumni that will support a move to bring Heath back home and I know for fact that the fan base follows him. I'm not saying he would be the top choice but he would be among a small group that would be considered to replace Izzo.

That's Heath's home and unlike some of the assistants that worked under Izzo, Stan is Michigan born and raise. Many, many family and friends are still there.

To say he's not high profile enough or hasn't accomplished enough is simply not accurate.

USF could show a little love and go ahead and sign Heath to a new contract. To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke. Fernandez has won the WNIT...so what. That has less prestige to it then a middle HS state title. Give me a break. I for one hope Heath's name comes up if Izzo leaves because that will force him into a better contract for himself and his assistants.  They all deserve it for having to coach at USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

no

There are some in MSU alumni that will support a move to bring Heath back home and I know for fact that the fan base follows him. I'm not saying he would be the top choice but he would be among a small group that would be considered to replace Izzo.

That's Heath's home and unlike some of the assistants that worked under Izzo, Stan is Michigan born and raise. Many, many family and friends are still there.

To say he's not high profile enough or hasn't accomplished enough is simply not accurate.

USF could show a little love and go ahead and sign Heath to a new contract. To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke. Fernandez has won the WNIT...so what. That has less prestige to it then a middle HS state title. Give me a break.

It's all relative ... Jose has done tons more here in HIS sport than Stan has in his ... Take off those sexist glasses.

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

no

USF could show a little love and go ahead and sign Heath to a new contract. To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke. Fernandez has won the WNIT...so what. That has less prestige to it then a middle HS state title. Give me a break. I for one hope Heath's name comes up if Izzo leaves because that will force him into a better contract for himself and his assistants.  They all deserve it for having to coach at USF.

So Fernandez hasn't actually achieved anything because he only won the meaningless NIT (he's also gone to the NCAA tournament). What has Heath done then? He's gone to the NIT once and lost in the first round, and never made the NCAA tournament.

no

USF could show a little love and go ahead and sign Heath to a new contract. To give the women coach an extension before Heath is a joke. Fernandez has won the WNIT...so what. That has less prestige to it then a middle HS state title. Give me a break.

It's all relative ... Jose has done tons more here in HIS sport than Stan has in his ... Take off those sexist glasses.

LOL Triple B...come on you know there is no University that uses that formula. If that's the case then the Syracuse Lacrosse HC should get paid more money then the Cuse's Men's HC because Coach Desko has won 5 National Championships in 11 years compared to Boeheim winning 1 in 34 years.

no

So Fernandez hasn't actually achieved anything because he only won the meaningless NIT (he's also gone to the NCAA tournament). What has Heath done then? He's gone to the NIT once and lost in the first round, and never made the NCAA tournament.

Read my reply to Triple B. I mean dude folks would laugh at you out in public if you went out there thumping your chest about USF women basketball over the men. Despite our limited success BEFORE heath started building the program up from the ground, folks on the outside give way more respect to the men team over the women. If this was Tenn, UCONN, Stanford, or some other big-time women program we were talking about then I would agree with you all, but USF women?? If that is the crown jewel of the University then as my 7year old says, "that's a shame."

• Content Count:  100

That wasn't the argument you made. In your first post, you said Fernandez hasn't accomplished anything. In your next post, you said you don't care about women's basketball. Totally different.

• Content Count:  771

I think he had too many issues when he got fired from arkansas that would play a factor for him to get the mich state job. 

Archived