• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official: Pac-10 announces addition of Colorado

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

That was sneaky. Baylor had no chance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This just basically says no one gives a rats a** about baylor, which is the way it should be.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This just basically says no one gives a rats a** about baylor, which is the way it should be.

Baylor is/was the Vanderbilt of the Big 12.  They don't sell tickets to their games and they don't bring a significant number of TV sets to the table.

Very true in regards to athletics, but I would take Vanderbilt academics over Baylor academics anyday of the week.

Guest Scherdin

CU has been in trouble for the last 5-7 years.  They have bad problems on and off the field and they can't compete in the Big 12 anymore. They also just got hit by the NCAA for their APR scores...so they are trying to start over.  The PAC10 wanted the Denver market, since it's the best stop and media outlet between Dallas and LA.  So CU wanted to jump at this opportunity as fast as they could before they saw themselves outside looking in.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The Pac-10 invited the 5 main teams. It was up to them on who was going to be the 6th team. I think they should have played it out on the field. At the Rose Bowl. I'm sorry, just wanting to see some football.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

If this is a slap in the face to Texas taking Colorado first and as someone said the middle finger to Texas and Baylor does that really help the Pac -10 in getting Texas ?

I mean do you insult the girl you want to take to the dance before you ask her ?  

Or has Texas already said screw you Pac - 10 ?  We will stay the Big Dog in the Big 12 and we are adding two teams.  And Leroy -  j/k  j/k

This feels like a soap opera "As The Conferences Turn"

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Official Pac-10 release:

web  pac-10.org   

Colorado joins Pac-10 Conference

University of Colorado Joins Pac-10

Buffaloes become 11th member of the Conference and first new member since 1978

Share DeliciousDiggFacebookGoogleMySpaceTwitterYahoo     

June 10, 2010

WALNUT CREEK, Calif.--The Pacific-10 Conference announced today that the University of Colorado at Boulder has accepted an invitation to join the Conference as its 11th member, the first new member since July 1, 1978.

"This is an historic moment for the Conference, as the Pac-10 is poised for tremendous growth.  The University of Colorado is a great fit for the Conference both academically and athletically and we are incredibly excited to welcome Colorado to the Pac-10," said Commissioner Larry Scott. 

"On behalf of The University of Colorado students, faculty, alumni and fans, we are proud to accept this invitation from the Pac-10 and join the most prestigious academic and athletic conference in the nation, " said Philip P. DiStefano, chancellor of CU-Boulder.

"The University of Colorado is a perfect match - academically and athletically - with the Pac-10," said University of Colorado President Bruce D. Benson,  "our achievements and aspirations match those of the universities in the conference and we look forward to a productive relationship."

Commissioner Scott, Chancellor DiStefano, President Benson, CU Board of Regents Chairman Steve Bosely and CU Athletics Director Mike Bohn and others will hold an official press conference on Friday, June 11, 2010 at 11 a.m. MT at Folsom Field in Boulder, Colo.

http://www.pac-10.org/genrel/061010aaa.html

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If this is a slap in the face to Texas taking Colorado first and as someone said the middle finger to Texas and Baylor does that really help the Pac -10 in getting Texas ?

I mean do you insult the girl you want to take to the dance before you ask her ?  

Or has Texas already said screw you Pac - 10 ?  We will stay the Big Dog in the Big 12 and we are adding two teams.  And Leroy -  j/k  j/k

I think it eases the way for UTexas to join the Pac-10.

Texas didn't want to be seen as causing the breakup of the conference. It also lets them off the hook as far as Baylor is concerned.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We are witnessing the final moments of the Big 12.  The dam has cracked and the flood is about to break through.

I dunno about that, unless the TX legislature has a change of heart about Baylor and Tech tagging along those schools may not be going anywhere. 

Archived