• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official: Pac-10 announces addition of Colorado

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

It's official: Pac-10 announces addition of Colorado

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/06/report-colorado-to-announce-move-to-pac-10-on-friday/1

The Pac-10 announced in a news release Thursday that the league has officially added the University of Colorado as its 11th member.

Colorado becomes the league's first new member since 1978.

"This is an historic moment for the Conference, as the Pac-10 is poised for tremendous growth. The University of Colorado is a great fit for the conference both academically and athletically and we are incredibly excited to welcome Colorado to the Pac-10," said league commissioner Larry Scott in the league's statement.

Added Colorado president Bruce D. Benson:

"The University of Colorado is a perfect match - academically and athletically - with the Pac-10 our achievements and aspirations match those of the universities in the conference and we look forward to a productive relationship."

Done deal: Buffs to announce Pac-10 membership Friday

It's a done deal.

The University of Colorado will announce at an 11 a.m. Friday press conference that the school will leave the Big 12 and join the Pac-10.

Multiple sources confirmed the deal to the Camera early Thursday, and league officials are scheduled to be in Boulder on Friday for the announcement.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_15268160

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

This one is saying they'll announce they're leaving today....

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-06-10/colorado-set-announce-move-pac-10

espn is saying the announcement will come at noon

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Done deal: Buffs to announce Pac-10 membership Friday

It's a done deal.

The University of Colorado will announce at an 11 a.m. Friday press conference that the school will leave the Big 12 and join the Pac-10.

Multiple sources confirmed the deal to the Camera early Thursday, and league officials are scheduled to be in Boulder on Friday for the announcement.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_15268160

Yeah i saw that.  collegefootballlive.com reported it might be officially announced today, but looks like they are going to wait till tomorrow for big 12 armageddon.

• Content Count:  4,501

Does it seem weird that Colorado is making the announcement first ?

Not really, they've wanted out of the Big 12 for years... but it sounds like they will announce "officially" after Nebraska tomorrow.

Not really, they've wanted out of the Big 12 for years... but it sounds like they will announce "officially" after Nebraska tomorrow.

So is this the Pac-10 callling Texas's bluff about having to include Baylor ?  I really thought Texas would make the first call.

So is this the Pac-10 callling Texas's bluff about having to include Baylor ?  I really thought Texas would make the first call.

To some extent, yes.  If Texas says no, then the Pac 10 invites Utah and stops at 12.

• Content Count:  771

I think the pac 10 has just given the texas legislature and baylor the middle finger by inviting colorado first.  would they be so bold to try to block texas going to the pac 10 now while the big 12 is imploding.

To some extent, yes.  If Texas says no, then the Pac 10 invites Utah and stops at 12.

And Leroy Selmon is in Oklahoma now talking to Bob Stoops & Joe Castiglione telling them to keep the Big 12 and why USF is a better add then TCU,AF  etc.  lol  I know it is a long long long shot but I won't give up the dream.  I mean Oklahoma has had great baseball in the past and again could recruit Florida.

Archived