• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Demar Dorsey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

Also where do you get the highst rated player accusation?  He's not even higher rated then T-Rex, let alone Ryne Giddens, or Cedric Bell....and as far as transfers Dejuan Green, Dishon Platt, Amp Hill, Ryan Gilliam, and Courtney Denson were all rated higher coming out of HS.

According to the blurb posted and linked to by Mama_Bull, Dorsey is ranked No. 12 overall in this year's recruiting class by ESPN. USF has never snagged a recruit ranked that high.

Terrence Mitchell was somewhere around No. 90 last year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

fsu won't pursue recruit: The Seminoles reportedly will not pursue touted prep defensive back Demar Dorsey, who won't be admitted to Michigan in a decision by the university's office of undergraduate admissions. Dorsey, from Lauderdale Lakes High, had been a verbal commitment to Florida, with FSU and Southern Cal also interested, when the Wolverines convinced him to change his commitment.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/nebraska-nears-big-ten-decision/1101341

• Content Count:  185

First thing is there isn't any Lauderdale Lakes High school unless they built one since I have left. Which I extremely doubt considering the area and playing against LL in Pee Wee and they always went to BA or Dillard sometimes Sunrise. But when you hear LL you think Boyd Anderson with football, which I'm guessing he is from.

On another note maybe UF, FSU, UM and others do not have the available schollies since they didn't know he would be available as we do have them open. If that is the case Holtz needs to reel this kid in to mentor him and get him where he belongs in the NFL. Especially considering Holtz was a DB in college and I think his father was as well and should know we need a real deal CB bad! If we can bring him in with the transfer Boyd? from ND we could have some really good talent back there if not the best we have ever had. Actually it would be the most talent we have ever had as a whole for DB's. Hope and pray him and Boyd come here, as I think we can succeed without Bowens.

• Content Count:  100

First thing is there isn't any Lauderdale Lakes High school unless they built one since I have left. Which I extremely doubt considering the area and playing against LL in Pee Wee and they always went to BA or Dillard sometimes Sunrise. But when you hear LL you think Boyd Anderson with football, which I'm guessing he is from.

This is a bold guess, considering it says it in the first post in the thread.

• Content Count:  4,879

Good ole' Rich gets the Rod again

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

On another note maybe UF, FSU, UM and others do not have the available schollies since they didn't know he would be available as we do have them open. If that is the case Holtz needs to reel this kid in to mentor him and get him where he belongs in the NFL. Especially considering Holtz was a DB in college and I think his father was as well and should know we need a real deal CB bad! If we can bring him in with the transfer Boyd? from ND we could have some really good talent back there if not the best we have ever had. Actually it would be the most talent we have ever had as a whole for DB's. Hope and pray him and Boyd come here, as I think we can succeed without Bowens.

this is what it says in mama's post:

"Demar Dorsey's (Lauderdale Lakes, Fla./Boyd Anderson) admission into Michigan remains in limbo, according to his high school head coach, Mark James."

Not surprisingly, Louisville is trying to get him. Charlie strong recruited him while he was at Florida.

• Content Count:  4,016

Also where do you get the highst rated player accusation?  He's not even higher rated then T-Rex, let alone Ryne Giddens, or Cedric Bell....and as far as transfers Dejuan Green, Dishon Platt, Amp Hill, Ryan Gilliam, and Courtney Denson were all rated higher coming out of HS.

According to the blurb posted and linked to by Mama_Bull, Dorsey is ranked No. 12 overall in this year's recruiting class by ESPN. USF has never snagged a recruit ranked that high.

Terrence Mitchell was somewhere around No. 90 last year.

Well that was wrong.  Dorsey was never even top 15 in FL, let alone the nation.  Therefore we've had higher.  We also had the #4 national player on campus once for a drink of water-- Dishon Platt.  Couldn't stick here any better than he could at FSU.

And as I told you all before Dorsey is not coming here.

According to the UL message board, Dorsey is visiting them this weekend.

• Content Count:  143

To clear up the confusion some fellow posters have erroneously stirred up, Demar Dorsey was, or would be in fact, the highest rated player to ever sign with USF, that is, IF HE SIGNED. 

Dorsey WAS, in fact a top 5 athlete from the state of Florida according to ESPN.

Dorsey WAS, in fact, the #12 rated player in the NATION according to ESPN

Clarification #3.  Ryne Giddens #65, Todd Chandler #71, Terrance Mitchell #151, Victor Marc #186 and Ricardo Dixon #213 were all rated LOWER than Dorsey.

Fact #4.  ESPN has NEVER rated a player higher than Dorsey who has EVER played at USF.

Guys, please quit trying to prove your intellect by COMBINING multiple scouting services, i.e., Scout, Rivals, ESPN for your own personal benefit.  And I'm already ahead of you, meaning we don't really need to hear how poor ESPN does their recruiting, or how outdated it may be, or whatever silly argument you plan to pose to us.  Simply SHOW THE FACTS.

The poster alleging these as true was, in fact, CORRECT, as was the one who wrote the article for ESPN in the first place.  Again.  DO NOT USE multiple services to adulterate your needs.

Archived