• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Demar Dorsey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Updated: June 7, 2010, 4:38 PM ET

Dorsey's status at Michigan up in the air

By Corey Long

ESPN Recruiting

Demar Dorsey's (Lauderdale Lakes, Fla./Boyd Anderson) admission into Michigan remains in limbo, according to his high school head coach, Mark James.

The Under Armour All-American defensive back was committed to Florida for much of his senior season before decommitting and eventually switching to Michigan on national signing day. He is the No. 12 player overall in the Class of 2010.

Dorsey is fully qualified by NCAA standards, but the University of Michigan has yet to allow him to enroll.

"Demar is an NCAA qualifier with a 2.5 or 2.6 GPA and an 18 score on the ACT," said James. "But he hasn't yet been granted at Michigan."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5261493

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

He is from Florida and we are the closes school to his home of Ft Lauderdale.  We also have several scholarship available I would he would be a great get if we have a chance at him.  He would clearly be the highest rated player ever to come to USF. 

and what does this mean for us??....

I don't know if it means anything to USF.

We were on his list of favorites at one point.

We probably have a scholarship available, but I don't know if FCSH would even be interested.

He could play right away.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/6/7/1505511/demar-dorsey-not-accepted-or-didnt

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

He is from Florida and we are the closes school to his home of Ft Lauderdale.  We also have several scholarship available I would he would be a great get if we have a chance at him.  He would clearly be the highest rated player ever to come to USF. 

Closest assuming you are ignoring Miami, UCF, and FAU, and FIU.  Furthermore Miami offered him (as did everyone else for that matter).

There is nothing in the world that says Demar would interesed in USF.  We've never signed a kid from his school, have no real connection to him or his school, and so now it is only a pipedream to assume.

Also where do you get the highst rated player accusation?  He's not even higher rated then T-Rex, let alone Ryne Giddens, or Cedric Bell....and as far as transfers Dejuan Green, Dishon Platt, Amp Hill, Ryan Gilliam, and Courtney Denson were all rated higher coming out of HS.

mama, I am sure skip would be interested but that's really not the point.  Demar has to be interested first so wait to see if there are any legs here...my guess is he'll be in the SEC shortly.

mama, I am sure skip would be interested but that's really not the point.  Demar has to be interested first so wait to see if there are any legs here...my guess is he'll be in the SEC shortly.

I just figured, I'd post it here. Stranger things have happened before.

The fact that USF has had considerable success getting DB's to the NFL in recent years, should work in our favor. He must know that T-Rex decommitted from FSU to sign with USF and he could join him in this year's class. He probably would get early playing time here and could run track if he so desired.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I just figured, I'd post it here. Stranger things have happened before.

The fact that USF has had considerable success getting DB's to the NFL in recent years, should work in our favor. He must know that T-Rex decommitted from FSU to sign with USF and he could join him in this year's class. He probably would get early playing time here and could run track if he so desired.

Mama, still love the enthusiasm, but you're being a tad presumptious.  You're just assuming he's going to know all this, and come fawning over us.  FSU has also done an exceptional job of delivering DB's to the NFL, and so has UF.  A few DB's to the NFL is a good start, but I doubt it will help much in this situation since he never had an interest in us before.  If we were in his top 3 before he signed then maybe he would listen to reason but realistically he won't even get a chance to speak with our staff most likely.  Sad but true.

I just hope he doesn't end up at WVU. ESPN is reporting that WVU is interested in him.

IF FCSH is interested, he should be reaching out to him like WVU is doing.

I have a suspicion that FCSH is not as interested in taking transfers as was Leavitt.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I just hope he doesn't end up at WVU. ESPN is reporting that WVU is interested in him.

IF FCSH is interested, he should be reaching out to him like WVU is doing.

I have a suspicion that FCSH is not as interested in taking transfers as was Leavitt.

i would hardly consider him a transfer

Archived