• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida A&M coach: Game at USF 'very likely'

Guest nybullsfan

hope it happens. if we're going to play an fcs team (and it looks like we will, for the forseeable future), famu and bcc need to be half or 2/3 of that schedule, imo.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I absolutely love their band.  I would recommend we don't have HOT at that game so FAMU can perform for a longer period of time.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  >:(

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

terrible

another 1aaaa game

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This would be great!  I missed the 2005 FAMU game due to a friend's wedding.  Some friend, eh?

• Content Count:  1,517

Usf wants to be the best then they should play the best. Yea pick up FAMU for our opening game next year but 2012 and on we should only play 1a teams at least, bcs teams is what we should strive for. Work those contracts. get some 1 and 1 with some big names.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Usf wants to be the best then they should play the best. Yea pick up FAMU for our opening game next year but 2012 and on we should only play 1a teams at least, bcs teams is what we should strive for. Work those contracts. get some 1 and 1 with some big names.

Every team does it, you need a game to work out some kinks. We're playing UF and Miami this year. How bad would it suck to go 11-1 with a loss to say, Tulane or someone in our first game because the team isn't ready. I am not saying that would happen, but there aren't many teams that play a 12-game FBS only schedule. It's basically a pre-season game unless you're Michigan and can't take care of App. State.

I will agree with you though, IF for some reason, ESPN or someone approaches us to open the season in a game like the Bama/ACC game that they start with, I see no reason to schedule an FCS team later. First game or bust.

• Content Count:  1,517

How much does one game against a 1aa team really impact working out the kinks?

I think a full speed scrimmage game, offense v defense, would have similar impact about working out the kinks, no? Jump in head first into the deep end to begin the season. The opposite would be true as well, we play a big name opponent for their first game and we can catch them off guard, set the season off right. IMO.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

How much does one game against a 1aa team really impact working out the kinks?

I think a full speed scrimmage game, offense v defense, would have similar impact about working out the kinks, no? Jump in head first into the deep end to begin the season. The opposite would be true as well, we play a big name opponent for their first game and we can catch them off guard, set the season off right. IMO.

i think when you go against another team... a team who you haven't been beating on all spring summer and fall in practice... there is something more there.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's a good game but last time we game them a % of the gate. I hope that has chnagee

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I'd love to see The Marching 100 again. As for not playing any FCS teams? I think that it would be pretty hard to find any BCS conference member that plays all FBS teams. Plus it's all about the $. The decent FBS teams demand a very large payday. So, we'd have a no win situation, you win, oh well, you lose hell  to pay, and you are getting a smaller amount of $. I'd rather play an FCS school than some ****-tastic FBS team.

Archived