• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks Vets...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Memorial Day is a day in which we honor fallen VETERANS.  Before they met their untimely demise in battle they were active military, and at one point ALL VETERANS were active military...now certainly the day is intended to honor deceased VETERANS, but it is a day when ALL VETERANS (myself included) remember their fallen camarades.  Since many of us VETERANS lost friends and cohorts then Memorial Day is a day of reflection for ALL VETERANS.  Who could really understand the value of Memorial Day MORE than a VETERAN.  Particularly one like myself who lost a friend or two that I knew while in the military.

So to say Memorial Day isn't VETERAN's DAY, well in a purely nonsensical literal sense you are accurate, the names, and intentions are slightly different.  However that is ignorantly debating semantics since both days are intended to remember VETERAN MILITARY personnel.  You certainly don't NOT HONOR the deceased Veterans on Veterans day just like you don't not have reverence for the living veterans on Memorial Day.  The word Veteran is intermingled with Memorial Day because those who we honor the most are Veterans, unfortunately it's the deceased ones.  You should have compassion on that day for the living Veterans too though...unless your day-to-day living routine has put you in the face of battle and allowed you to watch friends die, and put you in life or death situations.  If that's difficult to understand then either you're just being argumentative or need some help adjusting to normal life with the rest of us.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Memorial Day is a day in which we honor fallen VETERANS.  Before they met their untimely demise in battle they were active military, and at one point ALL VETERANS were active military...now certainly the day is intended to honor deceased VETERANS, but it is a day when ALL VETERANS (myself included) remember their fallen camarades.  Since many of us VETERANS lost friends and cohorts then Memorial Day is a day of reflection for ALL VETERANS.  Who could really understand the value of Memorial Day MORE than a VETERAN.  Particularly one like myself who lost a friend or two that I knew while in the military.

So to say Memorial Day isn't VETERAN's DAY, well in a purely nonsensical literal sense you are accurate, the names, and intentions are slightly different.  However that is ignorantly debating semantics since both days are intended to remember VETERAN MILITARY personnel.  You certainly don't NOT HONOR the deceased Veterans on Veterans day just like you don't not have reverence for the living veterans on Memorial Day.  The word Veteran is intermingled with Memorial Day because those who we honor the most are Veterans, unfortunately it's the deceased ones.  You should have compassion on that day for the living Veterans too though...unless your day-to-day living routine has put you in the face of battle and allowed you to watch friends die, and put you in life or death situations.  If that's difficult to understand then either you're just being argumentative or need some help adjusting to normal life with the rest of us.

Probably both. Look at his other posts as well. Kid needs to grow up some.

Seems to me he feels compelled to very literally correct everyone else's errors. Knows everything and understands nothing. He'll make a great UCiF professor.

Reference: The mote in your neighbor's eye vs. the log in your own

Guest nybullsfan

Oh, and BTW, yes I know the original translator used "beam" not "log", so no need to correct me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,409
  • Days Won:  13

Probably both. Look at his other posts as well. Kid needs to grow up some.

Seems to me he feels compelled to very literally correct everyone else's errors. Knows everything and understands nothing. He'll make a great UCiF professor.

Reference: The mote in your neighbor's eye vs. the log in your own

He corrected my post. I was wrong. The term for someone who rises from the bottom of the enlisted rank to commissioned officer is a mustang. But to even broach a correction on who should be celebrated and respected on this sacred holiday, wow.

Archived