• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask Brett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Just kind of wondering  out loud.  How many folks on the board post questions on the ask Brett link at TBO.  I do on a semi regular basis.  I hope others here also do because I would hate to see that go away from lack of interest so lets load him up with well thought out questions.  Alot of times Brett has the inside info or can get it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I have

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I've had a few of my questions appear there, though not recently.

Guest 19usf96

I have asked him questions on many occassions.  I find his Q&A corner very insightful.  Living in an area where the Bulls are seldom covered I like the fact that he has such a link.....USF96

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

You should ask why Brett does not get along too well with Coach McCullum. Well, at least it does not seem that way. It seems to me that Brett has done nothing but bash McCullum at every chance he can get sometimes. The mentioning of the player defections have got too old for my taste. I know SoCal and others love to put the blame on Coach McCullum, but the reality is that they cant let go of Seth IMO. They are really not giving McCullum a chance to succeed at USF. I hope they read that article about **** Vitale and realise that McCullum has a very tough assignment.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You should ask why Brett does not get along too well with Coach McCullum. Well, at least it does not seem that way. It seems to me that Brett has done nothing but bash McCullum at every chance he can get sometimes. The mentioning of the player defections have got too old for my taste. I know SoCal and others love to put the blame on Coach McCullum, but the reality is that they cant let go of Seth IMO. They are really not giving McCullum a chance to succeed at USF. I hope they read that article about **** Vitale and realise that McCullum has a very tough assignment.

I dont think its a "hate". He has stories to write. Absent information from the coach himself, Bret still has to write articles.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

It is strange because it seems like the Times is giving more positive stories about USF while the Trib is putting out a lot of negative articles on USF. Even today, the Trib had to rip the salaries of both football and men's basketball head coaches. Well da, dont they realise that those two sports are the main source of revenue???

Guest 19usf96

I don't think the Trib is negative, especially about the salaries.  If anything they are opening our eyes to the possibility of USF underpaying some of their coaches and what salary is "expected" for BE coaches in order to keep them around.  We almost lost Leavitt to Alabama and it was all about money.....USF96

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25

Since I noticed a post directed at me, I thought I would provide a response to answer some general questions. Concerning the so-called "negative" articles in the Tribune. I have simply reported football attendance has decreased 25 percent and men's basketball attendance the past two years is the worst its ever been. That's a fact, like it or not. And a disturbing one for a school entering the Big East next year. I also would have written stories if football attendance had increased 25 percent and or the basketball team was drawing record crowds, so I'm not just looking to bash USF as some may think. As far as reporting the number of players leaving the basketball program - as Brahman Bull2000 says "got too old for my taste" - nearly half of the players have left in 2 years. That's a fact. If nearly half the football roster - 50 or 60 players - left in a two-year period, shouldn't that be reported? Also, I think Brad questioned the salary story on Jose Fernandez. Again, USF is entering the Big East and the women's basketball coach barely makes what a Sun Belt Conference coach makes. Forget C-USA, he's barely up to Sun Belt standards. Those in charge at USF can decide if their coaches need to be paid Big East salaries or Sun Belt salaries. As I've demonstrated in the past five or six years covering USF, I am going to report the news, good and bad. I hope you would want to read an objective view of how your school is faring on a national level. I'm sure this might generate some responses, but I won't respond. However, if you have any questions, feel free to E-mail me and I'll continue to respond to each and every one. Thanks and happy holidays.

Brett

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Hey Brett,

Just curious (and I do hope you'll respond), Woolard was hired after we knew we would be BE bound, right?  Does he make BE A.D. money?  Afterall, he was hired to lead us in the Big East, whereas Jose just happend to be in the right spot at the right time again.

Thanks.