• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask Brett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

ok

Thanks for taking the time to read my post...too bad you couldn't take the time to read and understand the entire message thread, and instead took a cheap shot at one line that I wrote. Please go back to watching TV political talking heads if that's the way you're going to react to things people post on here.

I did read the whole post and basically said the same thing BB2000 did. Winning hypes the program.

I'm tired of CRM catching crap because he's apparently not a media darling and that's what your one line I pulled out took a shot at ...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Triple, this is the Big East we're talking about - not the Big South or the Big West. We are talking about one of the top two or three conferences in the country in terms of media exposure. You need a coach who is going to blow his own horn a little, who is going to talk about what he's doing, about the players he's bringing in and what his goals are. Nothing against Robert McCullum who by all accounts is a good basketball coach and all-around good guy. But for USF who is going into the media spotlight next season, there needs to be a sense of awareness about the media and fans that frankly, appears to be severely lacking right now. There has to be a little "selling" going on, and it's possible to do that and have a successful team at the same time. It's unfair to go into this with the attitude that since we are now in the Big East, recruits are going to be knocking down our door for a chance to play here and fans should be likewise clamoring for a seat in the Sun Dome to watch them play. That attitude is putting the cart before the horse, you need a little bit of 'hype' (for lack of a better word) and visibility in order for people to take notice. If some kid is looking at Big East schools, the fact that USF is in a warmer climate will only go so far, they have to know that the coach is going to lead them to the NCAA's and is going to bring in players who like to compete hard and succeed on the court. And fans need to know what's going on, you can't expect people to just read the paper to see that the team is doing well and get no sense of who the team is or what they're about. Likewise, you shouldn't expect every report in the paper to be glowing with unearned praise and kissing up to the team when in fact, the coaching staff seems to be keeping the press at arm's length.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Triple, this is the Big East we're talking about - not the Big South or the Big West. We are talking about one of the top two or three conferences in the country in terms of media exposure. You need a coach who is going to blow his own horn a little, who is going to talk about what he's doing, about the players he's bringing in and what his goals are. Nothing against Robert McCullum who by all accounts is a good basketball coach and all-around good guy. But for USF who is going into the media spotlight next season, there needs to be a sense of awareness about the media and fans that frankly, appears to be severely lacking right now. There has to be a little "selling" going on, and it's possible to do that and have a successful team at the same time. It's unfair to go into this with the attitude that since we are now in the Big East, recruits are going to be knocking down our door for a chance to play here and fans should be likewise clamoring for a seat in the Sun Dome to watch them play. That attitude is putting the cart before the horse, you need a little bit of 'hype' (for lack of a better word) and visibility in order for people to take notice. If some kid is looking at Big East schools, the fact that USF is in a warmer climate will only go so far, they have to know that the coach is going to lead them to the NCAA's and is going to bring in players who like to compete hard and succeed on the court. And fans need to know what's going on, you can't expect people to just read the paper to see that the team is doing well and get no sense of who the team is or what they're about. Likewise, you shouldn't expect every report in the paper to be glowing with unearned praise and kissing up to the team when in fact, the coaching staff seems to be keeping the press at arm's length.

I guess I'm just of the mindset that winning will cure all that ails but, to be honest, I just don't know any more. Seth did have some decent years and he WAS a promoter but still it never got back to the early to mid ninety's level. Maybe the BE schedule will bring people out. Maybe better marketing will help ........ It's just so **** frustrating ........ College basketball is a blast in the right atmosphere. Even in the mausoleum we have now, it gets pumped up at times ........

It's just so **** frustrating ........ did I say that already?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Bulliever, the link is ok but you have to click on his picture to get to the ask Brett.  Right now USF needs about 10 sheriffs to get the students going.  I've seen "Death Row" die and no "Sheriffs around.  The USF student body is pathetic.  No leaders.  It is an embaresment to all the alumni who support the Bulls.  The foundation was laid but the house never built.  These students have aready lost one section to big $ alumni,who don't even come to the games but will put up a check every year to "hold my seat until the Bulls start winning".  And then "Spirit Week" comes around and the greeks show up and shout cheers at each other.  Thats enough to make you puke.  For the first time I can remember the womens BB team is looking great and is the Coral packed to the roof. "NO".  Our University will be the laughing stock of BE basketball.  Woolard has done nothing, Coach Mac has done nothing and no student has steped up.  Just pitiful from top to bottom.  The tradition starts now not after winning seasons.  

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Woolard has done nothing, Coach Mac has done nothing and no student has steped up.  Just pitiful from top to bottom.  The tradition starts now not after winning seasons.

I think I'll go **** my wrists now.  ::)

Seriously though, I'm a fan of the Bulls and college basketball in general, so I'll always go to the games. I just hope they find a way to bring in the people who aren't so hard-core.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever, the link is ok but you have to click on his picture to get to the ask Brett.
Thanks dabull80, I actually figured that out after I made my post when I went back to try again...all along Brett only needed a firm click to the head to answer a question....

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Maybe that is question we should ask.  Why does the link not work but when we flick your head we get answers ?