• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: Ex-USF star Jones clarifies comment on teammates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

he is just positioning himself in the draft.  he is saying that with the team he played on he was forced to be the main scorer and drive a lot of the hoop.

he is trying to say that he can be a PG in the NBA (which is the only position he has a chance at being successful at)

and FLASPORTS...how can you say such things...really?

that is just evil.  to wish something like that onto someone else means you must not be happy with where you are at in your own life.

i hope DoJo does make it in the NBA and helps put USF on the map in the NBA.  right now we got people still clinging to Chucky Atkins and most of the world doesnt even know who Soloman Jones is.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016

he is just positioning himself in the draft.  he is saying that with the team he played on he was forced to be the main scorer and drive a lot of the hoop.

he is trying to say that he can be a PG in the NBA (which is the only position he has a chance at being successful at)

and FLASPORTS...how can you say such things...really?

that is just evil.  to wish something like that onto someone else means you must not be happy with where you are at in your own life.

i hope DoJo does make it in the NBA and helps put USF on the map in the NBA.  right now we got people still clinging to Chucky Atkins and most of the world doesnt even know who Soloman Jones is.

Exactly, it ain't wrong if it's true...and what DJ said was absolutely true.  DJ was forced to do a lot of things for USF that a smaller guard of his stature wouldn't normally be called to do.  He was forced to play nearly 39 minutes a game, forced to guard post players at times, he was forced to be our only legit outside shooting presence.  His game suffered because of it, and NBA teams didn't always get to see the best of what DJ was...because he was playing more minutes then anyone in the league, and instead of being a dribble penetrating baller he was forced to often times sit outside and give the team an perimeter presence.

It's totally true, completely accurate...so if it ain't wrong there's nothing wrong with it.  Some of you may not find it politically correct, or maybe it made you get a tiny twinge in your 'vagin*' but anyone that's been a straight up baller knows way, way, way worse gets said on the court.  I mean hell Sheriff you use to be a baller too in football...you at the very least can attest the crap that gets said on a football team between players would curl some of these ladies painted toe-nails.

I got no problem with what DJ said because it was the straight up truth.  THe NBA will not care what he said, the only people that will care what he said are his teammates who he's already made-up with them-- and if they did have a problem with then they're punks themselves because DJ carried their arses for years.  But they've got no problem with it now....NOW THE ONLY FOOLS that have problems are the INTERNET BAD-ARSES who think they're entitled to talk down to a guy because they're a fan of their prospective school.  Man this population of people is growing and is so sad!

• Content Count:  4,016

Bullspride08... Just like most are making a play on DJ's ill-timed words, you're making a play on my words. I left my response short and somewhat cryptic for a reason. I wonder one day what DJ will cost USF... the more he opens his mouth, the more I wonder about the decisions he potentially made while being associated with the program prior to turning pro. Here's hoping he'll get the wake up call after his latest interview snafu.

Well you stay cryptic... :D :D :D  DJ has to live with DJ's decisions, just like Sheriff has to live with Sheriff's decisions.  Providing your decision, or his, doesn't damage the livelihood of others, then no decision is that bad.  ::)

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not good

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Good luck to DJ and I hope he can be semi successful in the league for 10 years. The only thing I will say is it was sad to see success go to his head like it did after the G'Town victory. He didn't have to come out in the papers disrespecting his teammates because he had already did that to them, the coaches, and members of the athletic department.

I find it funny Coach Heath virtually kept quiet everything about Dominique Jones and use short sentences when his name is brought up. Normally Coach Heath would be promoting his program and his former player by openly showing support toward his decision. I mean he did that with Ronnie Brewer at Arkansas and that has benefited Heath here at USF. Facts are there are many people on that campus that ARE HAPPY Jones is gone, including the the coaches and players. Some of you all just don't know what an A-hole this guy became behind the scenes. Even on the court you could see the frustration on the faces of Mercer and Howard as this guy made the game about him instead of the team.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

not good

2nd that

Archived