• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: Ex-USF star Jones clarifies comment on teammates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

"Major?  Dominique Jones don't need no major."

- Dominique Jones

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I hope he gets drafted late in the 2nd round. Dosent get big money and blows his kneee out and ends up working at the Lakeland McDonalds. The guy thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread and cares only about himself. Never have I wanted to see a Bull fail, but this Bull deserves to fail.

wow, you are a hateful person. 

what has USF ever done for D Jones?

ever play 5 on 5 basketball and be the best guy on a bad team?  rhetorical, i know you havent.  But let me tell you its friggin frustrating. 

not easy to showcase your skills when you draw constant double teams with no one around who wants the ball, can hit the shot or create. 

nothing wrong with self promoting yourself when it comes to millions of dollars. 

• Content Count:  1,757

I hope he gets drafted late in the 2nd round. Dosent get big money and blows his kneee out and ends up working at the Lakeland McDonalds. The guy thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread and cares only about himself. Never have I wanted to see a Bull fail, but this Bull deserves to fail.

Dude, what Jones said was wrong, but nothing like on the scale of how wrong this post is.  Wishing injury on a kid because you don't like that he hurt somebody's feelings?!?  FlGatorSportsfan83, you truly are a classless piece of ****. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

ever play 5 on 5 basketball and be the best guy on a bad team?  rhetorical, i know you havent.  But let me tell you its friggin frustrating. 

not easy to showcase your skills when you draw constant double teams with no one around who wants the ball, can hit the shot or create. 

nothing wrong with self promoting yourself when it comes to millions of dollars. 

Really Bruce? I would've loved the chance to get a free education. That is the point of college, right? I won't go as far as FSF, but he's not exactly a world beater, he's got a lot of maturing to do. Like many have said, You don't throw your teammates under the bus like that. Believe it or not, some players in the NBA do give a **** about their teammates. Did he make every rebound, did he make every free throw, did he make every shot, or steal, or assist? No, so he wouldn't have won the games against the top 10, or even top 20 teams without his I mean the team he played with.

Promoting yourself, and throwing teammates under the bus are 2 totally different things.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

BBM, a lot of schools would have given him a free education.  My point is USF didnt allow him to showcase his skills like he could have at other schools.  that goes from national exposure to his teammates making him look better.

he is basically saying if i had some more talent around me I would have played and looked much better.  The thing is, he is right. 

Guest Sunburned

BBM, a lot of schools would have given him a free education.  My point is USF didnt allow him to showcase his skills like he could have at other schools.  that goes from national exposure to his teammates making him look better.

he is basically saying if i had some more talent around me I would have played and looked much better.  The thing is, he is right. 

Perhaps, but maybe not...he may have looked better than he really is because of the talent he played with.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hey, we'll all come to a consesus that DJ had a great run here... but what will that great run cost USF in the next few years if he keeps speaking before thinking?

• Content Count:  4,016

Hey, we'll all come to a consesus that DJ had a great run here... but what will that great run cost USF in the next few years if he keeps speaking before thinking?

Most intelligent people that make decisions and think beyond a message board recognize the person is their own man, and they do not reflect anything other than themself.  Gtown isn't less of a University due to all of Iverson's antics, or Texas and Ricky Williams.  A university is not responsible for a player's personality development, only internet message board hacks think that.

You know better than that Sheriff, a waste of personal time debating on a message board about silly comments from a kid, and even bigger worrying how it will reflect on USF.

• Content Count:  4,016

Really Bruce? I would've loved the chance to get a free education. That is the point of college, right? I won't go as far as FSF, but he's not exactly a world beater, he's got a lot of maturing to do. Like many have said, You don't throw your teammates under the bus like that. Believe it or not, some players in the NBA do give a **** about their teammates. Did he make every rebound, did he make every free throw, did he make every shot, or steal, or assist? No, so he wouldn't have won the games against the top 10, or even top 20 teams without his I mean the team he played with.

Promoting yourself, and throwing teammates under the bus are 2 totally different things.

I always throw up a bit in my mouth when I read garbage about 'how a kid got a free education' so he's now USF's boy toy for life. 

Get a grip, because what a college athlete has to endure, and work-through to get that free education and deliver us a quality product he more than pays his tab to USF and the fans.  Any fan that thinks Jones 'owes us one' because he got a 'free education' needs to get a life!

The only people that should have taken Jones words seriously were his teammates who 'possibly' were punked.  But he made up with them so everything should be fine, but leave it to a few internet message board freaks to take offense to it.  Like they ever played with Jones and were personally disrespected by him. :D :D :D :ROFLMAO

I hope one or two of those folks see Jones one day and tell him he owes them an apology.  I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one, actually would pay to see it. :D  Maybe that's a good fundraising idea for USF Athletics find the biggest, punkish fans, the ones who constantly disrespect the players and team as if it is a God Given right, and then allow a player to pummel them.  That would raise some serious coin! :D

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Bullspride08... Just like most are making a play on DJ's ill-timed words, you're making a play on my words. I left my response short and somewhat cryptic for a reason. I wonder one day what DJ will cost USF... the more he opens his mouth, the more I wonder about the decisions he potentially made while being associated with the program prior to turning pro. Here's hoping he'll get the wake up call after his latest interview snafu.

Archived