• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt interview on BHSN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

how do u figure that that is COMPLETELY out of the realm of possibility?

we already know that Jim is kinda nuts.

So what you're saying is there is a possibility the USF Administration (read Genshaft and Woolard here) are covering up NCAA violations?

i wouldn't say that is totally impossible.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

So what you are saying is that you believe Woolard and Genshaft are dishonest and without integrity?

You don't need a whole new thread for this discussion .... Carry on.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

So what you are saying is that you believe Woolard and Genshaft are dishonest and without integrity?

Over football? No -- alll of you are going a bit off the deep-end.  I don't know about Woolard, but Genshaft wouldn't put her reputation on the line to save a football program.  If she found violations in the investigations she would have thrown football to the wolves, put it on probation, even ended it long before she considered covering anything up.  Despite your personal bias and intetionally blindness, Genshaft is the President of a top tier public research university and her reputation will be built on its success as a research university.  To the extent that Football promotes the school, allows us to increase marginally more qualified undergrads, and increases community support, Genshaft will be a fan.  Once it begins to threaten her or USF's primary focus, I think Genshaft would have an incredibly short hook.

As far as the report, I got no idea what you are talking about.  Fanhouse obtained a complete report (suposedly) -- I thought what was released on USF's website was nearly complete.  The only difference being that it didn't provide specfics on players names.  I would imagine there are privacy protections that don't permit USF to simply release the report.  If Leavitt proceeds with his lawsuit, and it isn't dismissed as completely baseless (as it should, but so should most lawsuits we allow to continue) I'd imagine his attorneys will get hold of it.  In the end, I think Jim's less than honest discussion with the investigators left Woolard and Genshaft with few options but termination.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I should add, if I was Leavitt's agent and the man told me it wasn't about money, I'd have advised him long ago to drop this suit.  I'd have told Jim to come out, apologize, explaine that he didn't "assault" the guy, but in the course of  trying to motivate the team and in the heat of the momeny he had crossed a line between players and coaches.  I think that is probably pretty close to how it went down anyway, having followed USF football since the beginning, I don't think anyone can doubt Jim's love for his players.  At the same time, once an issue like this makes its way to the President, serious conseequences can't be avoided.

If Jim had come out and done that, I think he would be coaching in big time college football this year.  Given what appears to be his desire to "go down with the ship", to dispute even the most complete of analysis, to argue against even the most absolute of evidence, if I were an AD or even a head coach I would have to think very hard about if I wanted to bring Jim Leavitt on my staff.  Guy steps over the line, realizes it, and apologizes I think we can move forward.  Heck I would have even pushed for USF to keep him on-board.  Guy steps over the line and can't even bring himself to admit it?  I don't think there is a place in most programs for that kind of arogance.

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

I should add, if I was Leavitt's agent and the man told me it wasn't about money, I'd have advised him long ago to drop this suit.  I'd have told Jim to come out, apologize, explaine that he didn't "assault" the guy, but in the course of  trying to motivate the team and in the heat of the momeny he had crossed a line between players and coaches.  I think that is probably pretty close to how it went down anyway, having followed USF football since the beginning, I don't think anyone can doubt Jim's love for his players.  At the same time, once an issue like this makes its way to the President, serious conseequences can't be avoided.

If Jim had come out and done that, I think he would be coaching in big time college football this year.  Given what appears to be his desire to "go down with the ship", to dispute even the most complete of analysis, to argue against even the most absolute of evidence, if I were an AD or even a head coach I would have to think very hard about if I wanted to bring Jim Leavitt on my staff.  Guy steps over the line, realizes it, and apologizes I think we can move forward.  Heck I would have even pushed for USF to keep him on-board.  Guy steps over the line and can't even bring himself to admit it?  I don't think there is a place in most programs for that kind of arogance.

Lawsuit Leavitt is going to find it hard going to get a job. He would have had one now, at this critical time in the football season, if he was going to get one this year. Biting the hand that feeds and his Holier Then Tho attitude is a combo employers don't like. You are right. If he admitted it and dropped the lawsuit some 1aa school might pick him up. His lack of success with the talent he has had on his teams means no BCS school is going to take another chance on him being a head coach, especially if you can't trust him and his temper. Maybe the court will order Anger Management, he really needs it. I can see him scouting talent for the NFL, its the thing he seems to do best. And that doesn't put him in a situation where is screaming and jumping up and down like someone who didn't take their meds.

tn_InternetTrolls.jpg

Over football? No -- alll of you are going a bit off the deep-end.  I don't know about Woolard, but Genshaft wouldn't put her reputation on the line to save a football program.  If she found violations in the investigations she would have thrown football to the wolves, put it on probation, even ended it long before she considered covering anything up.  Despite your personal bias and intetionally blindness, Genshaft is the President of a top tier public research university and her reputation will be built on its success as a research university.  To the extent that Football promotes the school, allows us to increase marginally more qualified undergrads, and increases community support, Genshaft will be a fan.  Once it begins to threaten her or USF's primary focus, I think Genshaft would have an incredibly short hook.

As far as the report, I got no idea what you are talking about.  Fanhouse obtained a complete report (suposedly) -- I thought what was released on USF's website was nearly complete.  The only difference being that it didn't provide specfics on players names.  I would imagine there are privacy protections that don't permit USF to simply release the report.  If Leavitt proceeds with his lawsuit, and it isn't dismissed as completely baseless (as it should, but so should most lawsuits we allow to continue) I'd imagine his attorneys will get hold of it.  In the end, I think Jim's less than honest discussion with the investigators left Woolard and Genshaft with few options but termination.

If you are going to have such strong opinions you should familiarize yourself with the facts.  First, it was your own cmhatter, not me that said it was possible Genshaft and Woolard were covering up NCAA violiations.

Second...Part of Leavitt's lawsuit is about getting USF to release the entire report as well as the communications between Gonzales and all the administrators and stop stonewalling.

This lawsuit is not baseless, it will go forward and won't be dismissed.  USF is clearly in default of their contractual obligations and the court will decide what dollar value to put on their breach of the employment contract.

And last but not least, if USF is in fact a top tier public research university as you have claimed, why are they not an AAU member?

http://www.aau.edu/about/article.aspx?id=5474

my last comment was deleted some how.

i was saying... it is not ENTIRELY impossible that the athletic dept. would cover up various violations at any school. To claim that stuff like that doesn't happen is just dumb.

my original post stated that it is possible that is is POSSIBLE that an athletic director and president were to cover up some sort of violations and that if that were the case leavitt would have no problem trying to take them down with him. im pretty confident he is that crazy.

i also stated that it was not probable and is as likely as you being woolard's brother.

you can't tell me something like that is completely IMPOSSIBLE with any AD in the country. unless of course you knew these people personally... which i dont.

gold medal post. victory is yours.

The above is exactly what a USF-Sarasota education will get you, folks!

:snore

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

The above is exactly what a USF-Sarasota education will get you, folks!

You make me wish I hated Jim Leavitt.

Archived