• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the silence is deafening

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Is the Big East paying him? 

No. He's an unpaid consultant. However, he is the chairman of the board of directors of Georgetown, so he has a vested interest.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

As a fan of USF, USF needs to jump out of this sinking BE ship. I hope USF is not gonna be stupid enough to stay in the BE if they are courted by a "better" conference. I loved watching USF play its conference rivals but its time to go.

Big East is going down..its gonna be stripped of its teams and its gonna be stripped of its auto BCS bowl invite. I don't see any silver lining in their situation.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

What would you like the deer to do? Get in the car and drive it?

The reality is that the Big East can NOT hold any team from leaving to BigTen. So it basically has to wait for the BigTen's move.

Let me know what moves you think the Big East could take that will keep a team from taking off from Big Ten and get a pay check increase from 6 mill to 22 mill a year.

As a fan of USF, USF needs to jump out of this sinking BE ship. I hope USF is not gonna be stupid enough to stay in the BE if they are courted by a "better" conference. I loved watching USF play its conference rivals but its time to go.

Big East is going down..its gonna be stripped of its teams and its gonna be stripped of its auto BCS bowl invite. I don't see any silver lining in their situation.

Where do you propose they go?

Pac-10

What would you like the deer to do? Get in the car and drive it?

The reality is that the Big East can NOT hold any team from leaving to BigTen. So it basically has to wait for the BigTen's move.

Let me know what moves you think the Big East could take that will keep a team from taking off from Big Ten and get a pay check increase from 6 mill to 22 mill a year.

Much like they did when Miami, BC, and Va Tech jumped ship. What else can they do?

Pac-10

Pac-10?? There went my away game budget.  ;D

Atlantic ACC would be a good fit for USF. IMO. I hope the ACC sees the same thing. Coastal ACC would be closer to USF but I like USF's chances to be dominate in Atlantic ACC.

Atlantic ACC would be a good fit for USF. IMO. I hope the ACC sees the same thing. Coastal ACC would be closer to USF but I like USF's chances to be dominate in Atlantic ACC.

They gotta want us first. Last I checked, we don't wield enough money or power right now to make them. 

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

They gotta want us first. Last I checked, we don't wield enough money or power right now to make them. 

Correct, until we start selling out football and MBB on a regular basis we will not be inviting to these big conferences.  To jump early would cost millions we do not have since we need a dining hall, indoor/outdoor hottubs, and a dry cleaner for the football teams socks.  The only reason we got away without big payouts to CUSA was Woodard's ability to talk the BE into taking us and that gave L'ville and Cincy our vote to waive the fees.  We would not have that this time, and there aren't any signing bonuses out there.

Our best bet to make the ACC would be if they decide to pump up as a defensive move against these other mega conferences.  They may come calling seeing the potential from our games with FSU and UM.  They can see that we could be draws in state, maybe build an out of state buzz to fill our home games. 

I would say that if we could get to ACC it would help our MBB, and baseball teams.  WBB would see the same tough competition, but would do fine there. 

Archived