• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the silence is deafening

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the big east is frozen like a dear in headlights

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

I think you will here sometime this summer they will start a BE network, and expand.  They will obviously have to add one team if rutgers goes, but I see them going to 10 football teams.

• Content Count:  276

The better question is why hire Tagliabue at all?  Besides his well-known name, he brings nothing to the table, he doesn't really know the college game.  It's like hiring Ari Fleischer to be the mouthpiece for the BCS.

I will be sorry to see the BE fall apart.  As soon as ND declines its invitation, the Big 10 will simply invite 2 more BE schools.

• Content Count:  771

The better question is why hire Tagliabue at all?  Besides his well-known name, he brings nothing to the table, he doesn't really know the college game.  It's like hiring Ari Fleischer to be the mouthpiece for the BCS.

I will be sorry to see the BE fall apart.  As soon as ND declines its invitation, the Big 10 will simply invite 2 more BE schools.

Unless the big 10 invites pitt I don't see them going after any other big east school.  It will be maryland that will get invited if they go after any other school outside of mizzou, nebraska, and rutgers.

• Content Count:  4,738

good point

• Content Count:  1,757

BE is in no position to go out and do anything, We are basically just sitting around to see what happens, and then bring in some non-BCS teams to fill in, Conf USA Part Deux... UCF will be ecstatic

• Content Count:  1,985

Put the glass pipe down if you think the Big East will start its own channel.  Perhaps for basketball, but what would be gained?  BE MBB had huge broadcasting this year, and if you take your ball and play on your own court (channel) you will lose the other TV revenue.  BE is not big enough in fan base to dictate this move like the Big Ten. 

For that matter, the SEC would be a better candidate and they have not gone that route yet, though I am sure they have discussed it.  The BE just does not have enough subscribers that would pony up. 

• Content Count:  329

I read an article yesterday talking about how the ONLY CUSA team that is ready for a BCS league jump, is ECU.

I can't find the article now, but it made some good points. They even mentioned that they'd make a good rival for USF if they were to join the BE.

As for a BE network, I don't think the BE has a large enough following as the B10 to create it's own network. It just seems that everywhere you look, there's B10 fans. Also, I have the B10 network at home, and I NEVER watch it. Normally I'd watch sports on whatever channel they're on, but I really have no interest in watching the Northwestern Head Coach tv show, or Big 10 volleyball highlights.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not saying whether or not the Big East is doing anything (their track record would make one believe they're not), but we wouldn't know either way.  It's not like they are going to have a press conference every time they talk to a school.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

How do you know that nothing is going on?

Unless you are now working out of the Big East offices you don't know what is going on there.

Archived