• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers at a major crossroads

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

You are the moron here. I did not make any claims about Rutgers not being a draw. Obviously, someone is watching Rutgers and also USF. You want to give the Big East credit....sure go ahead. You might as well become a rutgers fan because you are going nowhere with the Buffs.

When was the last time there was national interest in a Buff's game....wasn't Kordell Stewart still playing ball there? Or maybe we will give you the  2001  season when you lost the Fiesta Bowl. The Buffaloes have been a flakey team for a lot longer than USF. So no, you need to give yourself a headslap. Last Bowl win....04' Houston Bowl. Prior to that 99' Insight.com bowl. Wow that is awful.

I have a national championship ring from CU ('90), what do you and the USF faithful have?  NOTHING and never will other than the usually late season collapse.  How many 5-0 starts can the USF faithful be fooled into believing? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Btw, Rutgers owns USF like a red-headed stepchild.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're honestly kidding yourself if you think people from NYC and Long Island care about Rutgers. I lived there growing up and Rutgers wasn't even mentioned when college football was brought.

The one nice season they had in 2006 has long since faded from the publics mind. NYC and LI are professional sport markets and always will be.

Being in denial is dangerous.  I too grew up/still live in North Jersey and times have changed.  The facts (links) I've posted proved your view to be outdated and just an opinion.  Even since the '06 season the tv numbers have been far better than anything you claim.  In order to convince yourself (& others) you lie or bend the facts just to feel good.  The real question is not about RU '06 season, but when will USF stop the late season collapses?  If any team is a fraud it's USF.

You are the moron here. I did not make any claims about Rutgers not being a draw. Obviously, someone is watching Rutgers and also USF. You want to give the Big East credit....sure go ahead. You might as well become a rutgers fan because you are going nowhere with the Buffs. Big boy by calling someone a moron.  You did make the claim by posting the link you, it's implied.  When USF has a better season than RU or CU, then we can talk.

When was the last time there was national interest in a Buff's game....wasn't Kordell Stewart still playing ball there? Or maybe we will give you the  2001  season when you lost the Fiesta Bowl. The Buffaloes have been a flakey team for a lot longer than USF. So no, you need to give yourself a headslap. Last Bowl win....04' Houston Bowl. Prior to that 99' Insight.com bowl. Wow that is awful.CU is a flake of a team... What the h*ll is USF who for the past 3 years have choked as soon as the calendar turns October.  USF was and may still be as flakey as pervious coach.  I love how USF fans throw rocks in a glass all the time.  Look in the mirror before you talk ****.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Being in denial is dangerous.  I too grew up/still live in North Jersey and times have changed.

You're the one living in denial. Sorry to hear that you still live in North Jersey. Action Park (or whatever they call it now) should be nice in the coming weeks at least. Times have not changed at all in regards to where college football lies in the landscape of the NY television market.

The Big 10 doesn't need Rutgers to grab the NY market. They need a power program, say ND, and that would grab the NY market much easier.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

CUbuffdoug....you obviously didn't get much help with reading comprehension in college. Is that what a Colorado degree gets you?

In my post, I acknowledged USF is a flakey team.....I just said Colorado has been doing it for a lot longer. So I don't have to look in the mirror to talk.....I looked in the mirror and said.....yes, I'm fat but you are fatter.

Let's remind you of CU's recent record:

2009 3-9

2008 5-7

2007 6-7

2006 2-10

Wow...our flakey USF has had a better record than that.....every year. We have had only 5 seasons of BCS football and you want to bring up 1990. Whatever old man. Go wallow in your glory of the past. Might as well remind of your great 1956 season while you are at it. Go flame another board oldtimer. No one cares. Moron.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

You know....I have had some time to think about your post Buffdoug and I want to apologize for calling you a moron.

It just hit me that you said you live in New Jersey after being in Boulder Colorado.......that is horrible.

Something terrible must have happened that would cause you to go back to the crap-hole that is New Jersey from the beauty of Colorado. I can imagine the hell you go through every day waking up in New Jersey....when you have seen Colorado. I am sorry.

That is much sadder than rooting for the Buffaloes, Rutgers or USF. My condolences. I imagine the internet is the only happiness you have. Please flame on and try to forget the reality that is.....New Jersey.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

You are the moron here. I did not make any claims about Rutgers not being a draw. Obviously, someone is watching Rutgers and also USF. You want to give the Big East credit....sure go ahead. You might as well become a rutgers fan because you are going nowhere with the Buffs. Big boy by calling someone a moron.  You did make the claim by posting the link you, it's implied.  When USF has a better season than RU or CU, then we can talk.

When was the last time there was national interest in a Buff's game....wasn't Kordell Stewart still playing ball there? Or maybe we will give you the  2001  season when you lost the Fiesta Bowl. The Buffaloes have been a flakey team for a lot longer than USF. So no, you need to give yourself a headslap. Last Bowl win....04' Houston Bowl. Prior to that 99' Insight.com bowl. Wow that is awful.CU is a flake of a team... What the h*ll is USF who for the past 3 years have choked as soon as the calendar turns October.  USF was and may still be as flakey as pervious coach.  I love how USF fans throw rocks in a glass all the time.  Look in the mirror before you talk ****.

I think you proved his point.  :Duh

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I think you proved his point.  :Duh

do you even know your teams' records?

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

You are the moron here. I did not make any claims about Rutgers not being a draw. Obviously, someone is watching Rutgers and also USF. You want to give the Big East credit....sure go ahead. You might as well become a rutgers fan because you are going nowhere with the Buffs.

When was the last time there was national interest in a Buff's game....wasn't Kordell Stewart still playing ball there? Or maybe we will give you the  2001  season when you lost the Fiesta Bowl. The Buffaloes have been a flakey team for a lot longer than USF. So no, you need to give yourself a headslap. Last Bowl win....04' Houston Bowl. Prior to that 99' Insight.com bowl. Wow that is awful.

I have a national championship ring from CU ('90), what do you and the USF faithful have?  NOTHING and never will other than the usually late season collapse.  How many 5-0 starts can the USF faithful be fooled into believing? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Btw, Rutgers owns USF like a red-headed stepchild.

we have a lot of fools here but in allfairness most are new to college football scene

cu has been a major disappointment in last 10 years or so---- even u must agree

cu has past tradition and history and usf has a brighter future

ru did own usf

You know....I have had some time to think about your post Buffdoug and I want to apologize for calling you a moron.

It just hit me that you said you live in New Jersey after being in Boulder Colorado.......that is horrible.

Something terrible must have happened that would cause you to go back to the crap-hole that is New Jersey from the beauty of Colorado. I can imagine the hell you go through every day waking up in New Jersey....when you have seen Colorado. I am sorry.

That is much sadder than rooting for the Buffaloes, Rutgers or USF. My condolences. I imagine the internet is the only happiness you have. Please flame on and try to forget the reality that is.....New Jersey.

NJ is a much better state then you think.  You only wish Florida had money like the individuals (people) in NJ.  State gov't is another story. ;D   

Having played the game in college I don't live and die on the message boards by the results of my teams(s).

To the other poster who mocked me about USF season as compared to RU or CU I was talking about USF best season as comapred to RU and CU best.

The bottom line I don't hate USF, but I can't take it when some USF fans blast others teams as if USF is elite.

Archived