• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers at a major crossroads

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

You know....I have had some time to think about your post Buffdoug and I want to apologize for calling you a moron.

It just hit me that you said you live in New Jersey after being in Boulder Colorado.......that is horrible.

Something terrible must have happened that would cause you to go back to the crap-hole that is New Jersey from the beauty of Colorado. I can imagine the hell you go through every day waking up in New Jersey....when you have seen Colorado. I am sorry.

That is much sadder than rooting for the Buffaloes, Rutgers or USF. My condolences. I imagine the internet is the only happiness you have. Please flame on and try to forget the reality that is.....New Jersey.

NJ is a much better state then you think.  You only wish Florida had money like the individuals (people) in NJ.  State gov't is another story. ;D   

Having played the game in college I don't live and die on the message boards by the results of my teams(s).

To the other poster who mocked me about USF season as compared to RU or CU I was talking about USF best season as comapred to RU and CU best.

The bottom line I don't hate USF, but I can't take it when some USF fans blast others teams as if USF is elite.

No problem....just ribbing ya.

I don't think USF or Rutgers has a lot to crow about. Neither program has ever done anything. I think both programs are just happy to be on the national scene at this point. I hope we continue to improve and I hope the best for our Big East breatheren.

If Rutgers is offered a Big Ten slot....which I envision that they will since they may be able to offer the NY market....I imagine their athletics will increase dramatically with a big boost in money, however, I doubt they will realistically be able to compete in football against the Big Ten. Small price to pay for the extra money....they essentially will become what they used to be in the Old Big East....Miami and Va Tech's whipping boy....now it would be Penn State and Ohio State instead.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

No problem....just ribbing ya.

I don't think USF or Rutgers has a lot to crow about. Neither program has ever done anything. I think both programs are just happy to be on the national scene at this point. I hope we continue to improve and I hope the best for our Big East breatheren.

If Rutgers is offered a Big Ten slot....which I envision that they will since they may be able to offer the NY market....I imagine their athletics will increase dramatically with a big boost in money, however, I doubt they will realistically be able to compete in football against the Big Ten. Small price to pay for the extra money....they essentially will become what they used to be in the Old Big East....Miami and Va Tech's whipping boy....now it would be Penn State and Ohio State instead.

IMO I don't see Rutgers falling back to the days of the Old BE because the college football has changed so much from the days of dominating teams.  There are more D1 schools (scholarship limits of 85), which makes it harder to stockpile great players on the bench like teams did in the past.  Also, the recent success of schools like Rutgers and USF with 1st round picks catches the eyes of high schoolers as seen by the increase in the quality of recruits and rankings. 

Archived