• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hypothetical mega conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

Any said time on when that episode will air again? USF in the ACC would be incredible and give us a chance in what I think is a down past couple of years for the ACC

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Smazza,

they have two real rivalries...Texas A&M who'd I imagine would have to be part of the deal politically...an Oklahoma who was an out of conference opponent for most the rivalry.

Big 12 schools make about 7-8 mil a year on their TV contract the SEC makes $17 mil...go figure

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I think FSU would be the #2 choice for the SEC, behind Texas. But Texas will not leave the Big 12.

This is the thought process that I don't understand. Why wouldn't Texas leave the Big 12? If the SEC offers money and a spot to aTm then I think UT's gone. 

100 year RIVALRIES is reason texas isnt leaving

NOPE. Reason Texas is NOT leaving is they want to be the big boy in the conference and they can push the Big12 anyway they want, something they wont be able to do in SEC. They are already looking into their own TV network that would match what BigTen and SEC could give them.

They sure didnt have a problem leaving SMU and Rice behind. The legislature wont let them do that to Texas AM.

I think that if Big Ten goes past 12 and SEC expands that Clemson and FSU will be first two targets.

If UT will NOT leave the Big 12 for the reason stated above, then why would FSU leave the ACC? NO ONE knows whats going to happen. Old rivalries, academics, etc... will all come into play, but IMO MONEY usually drives everything everything in America, and it most likely will here too.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

FSU has been chasing the dream of being in the SEC since they started a football program. And Florida was trying to help them get in. Texas, I do believe make more money then any school out. I could be wrong. They could make a lot more with a new TV deal.

• Content Count:  24

from what i understand Texas will not go anywhere without Texas A&M.  Texas's state government wont allow it...this nixes texas going anywhere IMO

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Texas IS one of the biggest money making schools out there, they have a large following.

Texas and A&M would definitely be a package deal. Both schools have an outside SEC invite looming, as Arkansas is an old Southwest Conference rival.

It just depends on how big the SEC wants to grow, if at all. I still see FSU and Clemson/Georgia Tech as better suited candidates.

The Big 12 has enough decent teams to survive getting raided for up to 3-4 teams. If Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado all leave, you have adequate replacements in Houston, TCU, Utah, and BYU (pending which are available), and backup schools that wouldn't be a huge detriment would include Colorado State, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Tulsa (with apologies to the USAF, SMU, Rice, and UTEP).

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think FSU would be the #2 choice for the SEC, behind Texas. But Texas will not leave the Big 12.

This is the thought process that I don't understand. Why wouldn't Texas leave the Big 12? If the SEC offers money and a spot to aTm then I think UT's gone. 

100 year RIVALRIES is reason texas isnt leaving

NOPE. Reason Texas is NOT leaving is they want to be the big boy in the conference and they can push the Big12 anyway they want, something they wont be able to do in SEC. They are already looking into their own TV network that would match what BigTen and SEC could give them.

They sure didnt have a problem leaving SMU and Rice behind. The legislature wont let them do that to Texas AM.

I think that if Big Ten goes past 12 and SEC expands that Clemson and FSU will be first two targets.

If UT will NOT leave the Big 12 for the reason stated above, then why would FSU leave the ACC? NO ONE knows whats going to happen. Old rivalries, academics, etc... will all come into play, but IMO MONEY usually drives everything everything in America, and it most likely will here too.

ut has a bit more tradion than fsu

ut is alot bigger than fsu

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Would be perfect if it came true, however i think what we really need to do is hope the SEC takes FSU and Miami. That happens and we are a lock to the ACC.

There was a time when Florida supported FSU and Miami to the SEC, not sure if thats still the case now but i think it was like mid 90s.

I agree... I can see the SEC taking FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and maybe Miami... BUT Miami does not really fit the Southern school image of the SEC, I'd say its a toss up.

I can also see USF, WV, and L'ville coming to the ACC.

• Content Count:  557

This is on Scout's main page this morning:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/968955.html

Q: It’s 2020. What are all the conferences going to look like? - MR

A: Sooner than later, I foresee a day when the little guys are squeezed out completely and moved to another division. Eastern Michigan just can’t compete with Michigan when it comes to attendance, funding, and in every other way a you want to compare football programs. The big boys are going to realize the money to be made by creating an uber-division of elite teams and conferences, and the Big Ten is getting the ball rolling now. After all the dust settles from expansion and realignment, here’s my best guess (with the new schools in each league in bold) for how the college football world will look ten years from now …

ACC – Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, East Carolina, Florida State, Maryland, Memphis, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Pitt, UCF, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia

Big Ten – Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big 12 – Baylor, BYU, Colorado State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Utah

Pac 10 – Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, California, Colorado, Fresno State, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, Stanford, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Washington, Washington State

SEC – Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

The Big East will dissipate with all its top teams being swallowed up, meaning there will be five mega-conferences with 16 teams each. That would make an upper-level division of 80 teams with Notre Dame staying independent and remaining in the BCS mix.

Army and Navy, all MAC and Sun Belt teams, six current WAC teams (Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, and Utah State), two Mountain West teams (Air Force and Wyoming), and seven Conference USA teams (Marshall, Rice, Southern Miss, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, and UTEP), will create a mid-level division between the current FBS and FCS. They'll have the ability to play the upper-division teams and with bowl tie-ins, but they won't have the legal ability to be eligible for the BCS.

Archived