• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hypothetical mega conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

College football live did a whole show. They had USF in the ACC with FSU & Miami. They left Louisville and Cincy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  809

Sounds like the right call. 

Too bad for Cincy and Louisville. 

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

Would be perfect if it came true, however i think what we really need to do is hope the SEC takes FSU and Miami. That happens and we are a lock to the ACC.

There was a time when Florida supported FSU and Miami to the SEC, not sure if thats still the case now but i think it was like mid 90s.

I think FSU would be the #2 choice for the SEC, behind Texas. But Texas will not leave the Big 12.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I think FSU would be the #2 choice for the SEC, behind Texas. But Texas will not leave the Big 12.

This is the thought process that I don't understand. Why wouldn't Texas leave the Big 12? If the SEC offers money and a spot to aTm then I think UT's gone. 

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

This is the thought process that I don't understand. Why wouldn't Texas leave the Big 12? If the SEC offers money and a spot to aTm then I think UT's gone. 

agreed to a certain point.  Texas rules the roost in the big 12.  If texas played in the sec some years they may be middle of the pack.  the past decade they probably wouldn't have been playing for as many national championships as they did if they were in the sec.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

100 year RIVALRIES is reason texas isnt leaving

• Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

NOPE. Reason Texas is NOT leaving is they want to be the big boy in the conference and they can push the Big12 anyway they want, something they wont be able to do in SEC. They are already looking into their own TV network that would match what BigTen and SEC could give them.

They sure didnt have a problem leaving SMU and Rice behind. The legislature wont let them do that to Texas AM.

I think that if Big Ten goes past 12 and SEC expands that Clemson and FSU will be first two targets.

The Big 12 and Pac-10 is working on a TV deal as we speak. And about a month ago I heard that the state of Texas planning to start it's own college sports network for all of Texas schools.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If those rivalries leave with them then they will.

Archived